True Life: I'm Dating My Dog

True Life: I'm Dating My Dog

The undeniable truths of all dog owners.

282
True Life: I'm Dating My Dog

While laying in bed one afternoon cuddling my significant other (my 70-pound golden doodle), I faced a rather harsh, debatably embarrassing truth: the longest and strongest relationship I've ever been in is the one I have with my dog. This article is for anyone who is dating, has dated, or knows someone who is in a long-term relationship with their K-9 pal. If you're questioning whether or not this applies to you, the following will confirm.

1. Morning Kisses

[rebelmouse-proxy-image https://media.rbl.ms/image?u=%2Ffiles%2F2015%2F12%2F25%2F6358666635673148571040010562_giphy.gif&ho=http%3A%2F%2Fcdn1.theodysseyonline.com&s=790&h=7535a5c3b4e3d64c03b0c31d29f9b01794e897c9c4fc52d7e97a519ec2d8accf&size=980x&c=2079471782 crop_info="%7B%22image%22%3A%20%22https%3A//media.rbl.ms/image%3Fu%3D%252Ffiles%252F2015%252F12%252F25%252F6358666635673148571040010562_giphy.gif%26ho%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fcdn1.theodysseyonline.com%26s%3D790%26h%3D7535a5c3b4e3d64c03b0c31d29f9b01794e897c9c4fc52d7e97a519ec2d8accf%26size%3D980x%26c%3D2079471782%22%7D" expand=1]

Morning breath is the worst and hands down one of the biggest turn offs, but for some reason dog breath is acceptable. I've never turned down a wet, slobbery kiss from my dog, no matter what hour it is.

2. Cuddles

Last Christmas break, me and my dog binge watched "Gossip Girl" together. We alternated between big and small spoon. We always ended up falling asleep. He's a snorer. Sometimes, in typical boyfriend fashion, he'll rest his head in my lap while I force him to watch the "Real Housewives" with me.

3. Long Walks

[rebelmouse-proxy-image https://media.rbl.ms/image?u=%2Ffiles%2F2015%2F12%2F25%2F635866665938756710358298792_l1DJH7H.gif&ho=http%3A%2F%2Fcdn1.theodysseyonline.com&s=674&h=60485f4dcee1ecb40f9de7a4e094cf850499a6f5f9929fac7b84728b15d01dc3&size=980x&c=3510983437 crop_info="%7B%22image%22%3A%20%22https%3A//media.rbl.ms/image%3Fu%3D%252Ffiles%252F2015%252F12%252F25%252F635866665938756710358298792_l1DJH7H.gif%26ho%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fcdn1.theodysseyonline.com%26s%3D674%26h%3D60485f4dcee1ecb40f9de7a4e094cf850499a6f5f9929fac7b84728b15d01dc3%26size%3D980x%26c%3D3510983437%22%7D" expand=1]

Me and my ex-boyfriend used to love going on walks together. Parks, beaches, piers, you name it. So now, I take my four-legged friend with me wherever I go. Besides, it's easier to keep him on a tighter leash.

4. Selfies

The true test of a cute relationship and naturally, we've mastered it.

5. We Watch TV Together

Surprisingly, we both like to "Keep Up With the Kardashians." How many of you can say that about your boyfriend?

6. I get offended when someone doesn't like him

As you should when someone disapproves of your significant other.

7. I ask to bring him places

Yes. Yes, actually he is my preferred plus one.

8. He takes over my social media

Everyone always knows when I'm home on break or visiting home for the weekend because he consumes my snap stories, I'll post one Instagram of him (minimum) and I'll tweet about all the funny things he does. I'm actually embarrassing myself as I type this.

9. When you FaceTime your parents and ask to be put on with your dog.

I don't really know what else to say about this.

10. When I think of home, I think of him

The best part about going home is knowing that you're going to be greeted by that fluffy shaking butt.

If this hasn't confirmed your undeniable relationship with your dog, then I don't know what will.