I Tried The Military Diet

I Tried The Military Diet

...and didn't absolutly hate it!

406
I Tried The Military Diet
Hannah Shaw

I tried the Military Diet and it wasn’t that bad. When I first started this diet I had no idea how I was going to do. You see, this diet is like eating less and less each day. You are supposed to lose 5-10 pounds in 3 days on this diet.

Here is the rundown of my first of three days. It wasn’t too bad.

Breakfast Day One: ½ of a grapefruit, 1 slice of toast, 2 tablespoons of peanut butter, and 1 cup of tea

I went to my sisters that morning and everyone else was eating bacon and french toast and I had to eat this. Grapefruit is not my favorite thing in the world.

Lunch Day One: ½ cup of tuna, 1 slice of toast, and 1 cup of tea

Also not too bad. I like tuna...I just usually am able to mix it with mayonnaise so it isn’t as dry.

Dinner Day One: 3 oz. of any meat (I had chicken), 1 cup of green beans, ½ of a banana, 1 small apple, and 1 cup of vanilla ice cream

This was a pretty good dinner. I was pretty full after this dinner. I do have to admit that this is probably the most colorful any meal of mine has been ever.

At the end of day one, I was feeling pretty good. I was full and I was thinking that I could definitely do this diet. It will be a breeze.

Now onto day two...this one was a little harder.

Breakfast Day Two: 1 egg (I chose to hard boil it), 1 slice of toast, and ½ of a banana

This was...well it could have been better...but I ate it!

Lunch Day Two: 1 cup of cottage cheese, 1 hard boiled egg, and 5 saltine crackers

I absolutely LOVED this lunch. I thought it was pretty good, I love cottage cheese. It was a pretty good meal.

Dinner Day Two: 2 hot dogs (without bun), 1 cup of broccoli, ½ cup of carrots, ½ of a banana, and ½ a cup of vanilla ice cream

I hate hot dogs but at this point, I thought they tasted pretty darn good.

At the end of the day, all I really wanted was some french fries and one of the cookies that are sitting on my kitchen counter. I’m struggling but also really thankful for the ice cream I get to have every day!

Day Three was easier than I expected and that was because I was in bed all day sicker than a dog.

Breakfast Day Three: 5 saltine crackers, 1 slice of cheddar cheese, and 1 small apple

I HATED THIS WITH A PASSION. I was already not feeling well and this was the worst breakfast ever.

Lunch Day Three: 1 hard boiled egg and 1 slice of toast

This wasn’t too bad. I was getting used to the taste of dry bread.

Dinner Day Three: 1 cup of tuna, ½ of a banana, and 1 cup of vanilla ice cream

I skipped on the banana for dinner. I hate bananas and I already felt sick, I wasn’t about to eat one for dinner. I didn't eat all the tuna either. I was over dry tuna, it's not that good.

At the end of day three, I was really ready for french fries and a chocolate chip cookie. At this point, I couldn’t wait for midnight to roll around so I could eat all that I wanted.

The next day, however, I wasn’t really hungry. I didn’t really eat a lot of food and although I wasn’t doing the diet I did try to watch what I was eating. I did get french fries though and then I was over it and hated myself for eating them.

Overall I would say that this isn’t too bad of a diet. I was going to do a 4 day off diet as well where I kept my calorie intake at about 1500 a day but I only have so much willpower...not yet anyway...and I didn’t have the groceries I needed. I would totally do this again and I plan on doing so.

I LOST 10.4 POUNDS DOING THIS DIET!!! JUST THREE DAYS!

If you do want to try it, here is the link I used to follow the diet! If you try it, let me know how you did! Share your results and your experience with it!