A Tribute To My Inspirations

A Tribute To My Inspirations

I wouldn't be where I am today without you.

39
A Tribute To My Inspirations
YouTube

It isn't often that I take the time to thank those who influence my life on a daily basis, and so this week I wanted to take this as an opportunity to honor those who have made me who I am today.

1. Morgan Freeman, Actor

"Don't chase women, they'll chase you ... They're like horses in a pasture sometimes. You walk into a pasture and the horse sees you, he's coming over to investigate. And if you see a lady and you don't go drooling all over, she's going to want to know why." -Morgan Freeman, Piers Morgan Live, Sep. 23, 2011.

Thank you, Morgan Freeman, for teaching me how to play it cool and how to properly attract horses at pasture.

2. Miley Cyrus, Entertainer

"It's our party we can do what we want / It's our party we can say what we want / It's our party so we can love who we want / We can kiss who we want / We can sing what we want" -Miley Cyrus, We Can't Stop, June 3, 2013.

Thank you, Miley Cyrus, for always making me feel just a little bit more normal and for continuously reminding me exactly what that mouth can do.

3. Dj Khaled, Rapper/Producer/Snapchat Sensation

"And the problem is, Dj Khaled owes nobody no money. First of all, I have so much jerly, I got more jerly.. and it's not even about the jerly, cus you know, cus you know what I'm saying? But at the end of the day its... I wanna teach everybody a word real quick ... theres a thing called counter-sue ... and theres a thing called victory." -Dj Khaled, The Breakfast Club at Power 105.1, May 11, 2015.

Thank you, Dj Khaled, for opening my eyes to the ways in which they do not want me to win, and for inspiring me to keep on pushing on, no matter what life might throw in my way.

4. Sugar Bear, Tv Personality, "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo"

"When June sat on my lap, she didn't really ask for nothin', but I couldn't feel my feet." -Mike 'Sugar Bear' Thompson, "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo".

Thank you, Sugar Bear, for teaching me how to power through my toughest moments in order to save as much face as possible in the public eye.

5. Paul, Nickelodeon's Three-Eyed Chimp

"Hi, I'm Paul." Paul, End of Every Episode of Jimmy Neutron, 2002-2006.

Thank you, Paul, for giving me a prime(mate) example of friendliness to follow for the rest of my life; I owe you one, buddy.

6. Steve Buscemi, Actor

In all honesty, I got nothing. But every time I see Buscemi's face I smile, so I guess thanks for that, guy.

7. Cardi B, A Regular Shmegular Degular Girl From the Bronx

"If a girl has beef with me, she gon' have beef with me... forever." -Cardi B, "Love and Hip Hop" Season 6 Promo, Nov. 29. 2015.

To be honest, there are too many lessons to thank you for, but most of all thank you, Cardi B, for teaching me how to make sure I'm always the baddest b*tch in the room.

8. Michael Cera, Young Boy

"Behavior issues are the least of my f*cking problems ... Amateurs!!" -Michael Cera, emotional breakdown on set of Youth In Revolt, 2009.

Thank you, Michael Cera, for showing the world that even those of us who may seem unintimidating can get our way whenever we want it.

9. Steve Harvey, Television Host/International Fool

"Merry Easter, y'all!" -Steve Harvey, Twitter, Dec. 25, 2015.

Thank you, Steve Harvey (I never thought I'd ever say those words in that order), for reminding us all that that embarrassing thing we did in front of so many people could have been much, much worse.

10. Zooey Deschanel, Queen of Quirk

"So fun. Hanging with the dudes, eating ice cream, watching scary movies... We're not scared, we're dudes." -Zooey Deschanel, as Jess, "New Girl", Season 1.

Thank you, Zooey Deschanel, for inspiring a daily quirk that could have no other inspiration but you. Thank you, Zooey.

11. Andy Rooney, Television Personality/Philosopher

"I feel for all those people who aren't sleeping, but not sleeping is not my problem. I can sleep night or day, sitting, standing, or lying down. I often fall asleep right here at this desk. Last week, I took a bus crosstown in New York City, and went 6 blocks past my stop because I fell asleep!" -Andy Rooney, 60 Minutes, Oct. 11, 2009.

Andy, thank you for showing me how to keep it real, and reminding me how important it is to cherish my common sense. Rest in peace, old man.

12. Lil B, Rapper/Visionary

"YOU ARE A LEGEND FOR BEING ALIVE TODAY." -Lil B

Thank you, Lil B, for spreading nothing but positivity no matter what. #thankyoubasedgod

13. Jeremy Orellana, Odyssey Writer

"Sounds good."

Thank you to me, for being down for whatever, ready to go for anything and everything that comes my way.

Get at me, world. I'm ready for you.