Trend Alert: Why I Wear “My Intent” Bracelets

So what is so special about these small little bracelets? The answer is more than you can imagine.
1172

A new celebrity favorite, “My Intent” bracelets are taking over our social media. You might have seen these coin-like bracelets on celebrities such as Justin Bieber, Kanye West, Beyoncé, Cody Simpson and many more. So what is so special about these small little bracelets? The answer is more than you can imagine.

Chris Pan is the guy to thank when it comes to these meaningful dainty bracelets. The founder started this company/ movement in Los Angeles, California. The intent (no pun intended) for starting this company was to spread positive energy and encourage meaningful conversations.

I first saw these bracelets on Instagram and I fell in love right away. The idea of having a word or phrase that you strongly believe in being able to be made into a piece of jewelry is pretty cool, to say the least. We all need to be motivated from time to time, and what better way to do that than wearing your motivation on your wrist at all times?

Here is my “My Intent” story. I personally need constant motivation in order to get through the day. The phrase that I chose for my “My Intent” bracelet is SELF LOVE 105. To me, SELF LOVE is very important. Being able to love yourself is harder than it sounds. It is really easy to pick out all the bad things that are wrong with us but picking out the good ones is not that easy.

I have always had a very bad attitude when it came to loving myself, I would constantly pick out every little thing that I do not love about my body and everything that I wanted to change. Having the phrase SELF LOVE on my bracelet reminds me to think positively about myself and love myself whether I am having a shi**y day or the best day of my life.

Now you are probably wondering what the 105 stands for. Don’t worry, I’ll tell you (since I’ve started writing articles, I feel like the whole world knows every little detail about me, so why not tell you this). The 105 is not a class number or a date like some people assume. The number 105 actually means 105 pounds.

I’ve always had some body image insecurities since I was little and 105 pounds has always been the weight that I loved myself the most at. Now tying this back in with SELF LOVE; instead of worrying about what people will think about me or this whole 105 pound thing, I learned to always love myself and focus on ME. No one is living in my body other than me so the weight that I will love myself at (which is 105 pounds) is the weight that I will push myself toward.

I’ve had my “My Intent” bracelet for a little over a month now and it is doing wonders. Whenever I am feeling discouraged during school or frustrated at work, I look down at my wrist to give myself that little reminder. This bracelet is not a medication or magic trick to motivate you or make you be positive. It is all about you and you motivating yourself. You are the one choosing the word or phrase that keeps you going and you are the one channeling your negativity to positivity when looking down at your bracelet every day. I strongly suggest giving “My Intent” a try if you are struggling with being positive and motivating yourself (and let’s not forget how stylish it is).

So my question to you is; what is your word?