I Traveled To Paris To Visit My Best Friend And It Was More Than Worth It

To say that the ten hour flight was worth it would be an understatement.

343
Lana Lerma

Ever since I was young, I had a desire to travel and experience different parts of the world. I knew my chance would come eventually, but I just wasn't sure when. In high school, I met my best friend, who I learned was actually half-French from her mother's side.

She and her family taught me the ways of the French throughout our time as high schoolers, just hanging out and sleeping over. She had introduced me to so many different foods, music, words, and culture that I wanted to know more about.

I was extremely anxious and incredibly stressed, but somehow, I was still completely ecstatic thinking about my trip to Paris. It was all I could think about. It would put me in a good mood and keep me working hard until the very end.

The day arrived for my departure and still, I was running on pure adrenaline. The two-hour drive to LAX calmed some of the nerves, but not all of them. By the time I finally boarded the flight and sat in my seat, I was so relieved. The only thing between me and Paris was the entire United States and the Atlantic Ocean.

Stepping off of my plane and into the streets of Paris is a feeling I will never forget. I felt so blessed and so grateful to be able to travel to a new country. I was so emotional and drawn to tears of joy. For so many years, I had this longing feeling in my heart to travel. There was this happiness inside of me as soon as I walked around this beautiful city, in this breathtaking country.

Strangely enough, my favorite part of my trip was definitely taking the Metro. There was a sense of excitement and adventure every time my friend and I hopped on and off, as we approached our destinations.

It is amazing when you think about how there are parts of our world that literally feel like you’re on another planet. The entire way of life, the language, the culture, and the people just made me feel like I had never felt before. I loved everything about France. My heart was so full.

My eyes have never been more open. My heart has never been more grateful. (Also, my wallet has never been more empty. Seriously, prepare yourself.) The beautiful city of Paris has completely stolen my heart.

Unfortunately, my ten day trip has come to an end. But I will be taking all of my beautiful memories of exploring the heights and depths of Paris with my friend home with me (as well as a whole duffel bag full of souvenirs).

To say that I will miss Paris and my best friend, is an understatement. But I know that I will reunite with the both of them, sooner or later.