6 Reasons You Should Travel Solo Once In Your Life

Take the leap of faith!

17
Google

"A person does not grow from the ground like a vine or a tree, one is not part of a plot of land. Mankind has legs so it can wander." - Roman Payne

Travelling alone is surely on the bucket list of every teenager nowadays. Usually when we visit any foreign location, majority of the time our family is present. But travelling alone can turn out to be a magical experience for the traveller as they will have an interesting story to share with their friends and family. At first it might feel challenging and you might feel indecisive about whether you should go ahead with your solo travel or not. However, once you do go ahead with it, I'm pretty sure that you're going to have one hell of a time. Here are 6 reasons why you should travel alone at least once in your life:

1. New Friends

In my opinion, one of the best parts of travelling is that you get to meet a lot of new people. Whenever you visit a local restaurant or get into a bus, you are surrounded by people from diverse backgrounds, different places, each with a different story to tell. Striking up a conversation with the locals will help you get to know more about their culture and traditions and who knows, they might also end up giving you great suggestions on where to go next!

2. You are your own boss

Whenever we travel with a group, we always have to conform to their way of travelling and we don't really have the freedom to make our own decisions. Travelling alone means that you get to make your own choices regarding when to get up, when to eat, which places to visit and so on. You'll have the freedom to do whatever you want to 24/7!

3. Character Development

Travelling alone to a place which you have never set foot in before can be a challenging task. Whenever there is some sort of problem, you are forced to deal with it yourself. It gives you more self confidence and the ability to take your decisions on your own. You finally get to get out of your shell and develop yourself as a person!

4. Bucket List

Come on, we all have a bucket list! Some of us might want to sky dive over the palm islands in Dubai, or we might want to go bungee jumping in Cape Town, South Africa. Travelling alone helps you to check off all the crazy stuff that you want to do at least once in your life. Although jumping out of a perfectly good aeroplane doesn't really make too much sense to me!!!

5. "Me" Time

We live in a busy world where everyday feels like a struggle. We are always dealing with friends, family, work and countless other stuff without spending time on ourselves. Travelling alone finally gives you that "alone moment" which you have been craving for a long time. It helps clear your mind and helps you think about what you want. Imagine resting in a nice hammock in Maldives just thinking about life and you will realise what great company you yourself are!

6. Opens Up A Side You Never Knew Existed

Travelling alone frequently will finally open up the adventurous side of a person that he/she never knew even existed. You get to meet so many new and different people, visit unforgettable places and taste so many diverse cuisines that your curious and adventurous side will finally open up! It'll give you the confidence to travel to the unknown and discover possibilities and avenues you never knew existed. Travelling alone can definitely be quiet an adventure!