A Letter To Dad From His Thankful Daughter

Thank you, Daddy.

93893
Daddy cooking

Dear Daddy,

I want to start off by saying thank you for always being there for me. You have not made me go a day without a father in my life. You have and continue to teach me how to be loved. You have always loved me with your whole heart. You are not selfish but humble and kind. You gave up your dreams so I could chase mine, thank you. Thank you for giving me the opportunities you did not have growing up. Thank you for working long hard hours so that I can have the things I have. Thank you for always making things work between you and mom. Thank you for not leaving. Thank you for being my daddy.

Thank you for all that you have done and continue to do every day. I will forever be grateful for you daddy. It is because of you that I know how to ride a bike, how to swim, how to cook collard greens and how to pump gas (lol). Thank you for always being a great father and husband to mom. I will always know how a man should treat their daughter and wife because of you. You continuously encourage me to run after my dreams even when I have lost my faith. Thank you for lifting my spirit up when I am down. You have always been a shoulder to cry on. You are my hero. You are the best father and I hope one day I can marry someone who is just like you. You have given your life away to work and support mom and me. Thank you.

Thank you for trying you hardest to not let me fall and for always picking me up when I did. You are my hero. You are the person I look up to for advice and for comfort. I hope you know that I am the person I am today because of and for you. So, Thank you. Thank you for helping me set my standards in a husband and in the future father of my children. Thank you for never leaving me lonely. Thank you for teaching me all the things a daddy should teach their daughter. Thank you for never letting me go without. Thank you for being a daddy and a good one at that.

I am not sure if I have told you this as much as I should but I am so thankful for you. I never had to grow up and not know what it was like to not have you around. Thank you. I will never have to feel alone. I will always have you to hold me and tell me you love me. You are my daddy, my hero, my supporter and my biggest fan. I love you.

So, thank you for never leaving me alone, for teaching me how to not be afraid, and for loving me. I love you, dad.

Love,

Your daughter