Travel Now While You Still Can
Education

Travel Now While You Still Can

Take the opportunity to study abroad or travel with friends, experiencing the world before you graduate!

97
Travel Now While You Still Can
https://unsplash.com/photos/VVgVlH1D10U

College is basically a four year buffer between high school graduation and adulthood. But time flies, and college graduation approaches faster than expected. One minute you're moving into your dorm, away from home for the first time, and the next you're applying for important job positions. Just the idea of entering the working world may seem daunting, but when the time comes you don't want to be drowning in regret of all of the things you could have done.

If I would have gone on that trip...

If I hadn't taken classes that summer...

If I hadn't been obsessed with graduating early...

Graduate with no regrets, guilt free.

Instead of worrying about how you'll be able to enjoy your final years while trying to juggle an internship and five classes, take time during the summer to travel, take a whole semester even.

You don't even have to stop taking classes to do so either. Study abroad offers so many programs, and whether you need electives or major specific classes, most of them are offered abroad.

I encourage you, whoever is reading this, to value the amazing life experiences you could gain. These are experiences that could even contribute to your future corporate life.

I get it, you may like what I'm dishing, but there's still hurdles in your way.

If you're struggling with time management and the only semester available for travel is summer, forget that summer internship and study abroad. You have the rest of your life to gain work experience, but your travel-time is limited.

Once you start working in your career field of choice, you may get wrapped up in what you're doing, unable to take ample time to see the world. Not to mention the amount of money you'll have to save up to do so.

Right now as college students, we have the opportunity to study in another country with financial help. If it's money you're worried about, apply for scholarships and financial aid while you can.

I guess what I'm trying to do is encourage you to take a break.

I'm a planner, which means I'm a worrier. I've always had my academic career planned out years in advance. I even graduated high school with a degree, meaning I've cut my buffer years in half. And the more I plan, the more I realize that the end goal is graduation, but anything beyond that will remain a mystery until I get there.

So don't get wrapped up in graduating early. Take time to travel, make once-in-a-lifetime experiences, and be bold.

media3.giphy.com