The Travel Bug Bit Me All Over Again

The Travel Bug Bit Me All Over Again

There's a whole world out there ready to be explored.

8
Plane soaring through the sky
Photo by Ross Parmly on Unsplash

It's been almost two years since I spent a semester abroad, and I almost forgot the thrill of exploring a new place. Luckily, my most recent trip to San Diego reminded me that I'm not meant to live my life in one place.

I was fortunate enough to have attended the PRSSA International Conference on behalf of my university's public relations program, and I got bit by the travel bug all over again after spending almost a week in sunny San Diego with six women that love exploring as much as I do.

It took us almost 16 hours to get from Fort Myers to San Diego, and though the long day of traffic, security lines and crying babies on overbooked flights was exhausting, it was also so much fun. Our broke college student budget made the trip so much more interesting because of all the hoops we had to jump through just to arrive at our destination.

Walking, and scootering, around the beautiful city made the long trip there so worth it.

I felt like a tourist in my own country because of how different the west coast culture is from the east coast, but I loved every second of it and I was even able to see myself living there someday.

Every time I travel I learn something new about myself and the world. This trip taught me that I am capable of so much more than I give myself credit for, and it also taught me that there's no one way to live.

I was pleasantly surprised that I was able to successfully navigate a city I've never been to before, and it brought back some amazing memories of being lost and wandering aimlessly on different streets all across Europe.

This trip made me smile, laugh and trust myself, and those are all things I want to do more.

Life's not meant to be lived in one place, because if it was, the world wouldn't be so beautiful.