The Translation Between

The Translation Between

a look into focusing on the process, not the product

13
The Translation Between
Google

An infinite number of things live inside our minds but have a life outside of our bodies. We live with a frustration of not being able to translate a thought into a physical form. When we need to say something, but our brains cannot formulate our ideas into words. When our words are lost somewhere between our minds and our mouths. When a dance needs to be choreographed, but the vision is not visible on the stage. When a song doesn’t sound how you want it to because the chords in your head don’t correspond with the ones your hands play. There is a difficulty in putting an idea into existence and finding it’s life outside of the mind it originated in. The translation between.

It’s human to become focused on a goal, actually, encouraged. We all strive to work towards something, no matter what that thing might be. We are all moving towards a final product. While being headstrong and determined is important, sometimes being driven can drive you crazy. Instead of learning and growing throughout the process to reach something, we have a tendency to get discouraged because we just cannot seem to get to the destination. But sometimes, it’s about the process, not the product. The translation between.

A football team winning the Super Bowl is a great accomplishment, but that single win is not what turned the players into the champion athletes they are. They are not defined by a winning title, but by the years of determination and hard work that got them there. They became groundbreaking athletes because of the process they went through. Their translation between. An actress who wins a Tony Award might be thought to have “made it,” but what actually “made” her was the years she spent training, her hours of rehearsal, and her nights spent performing. Her translation between. When a painter can’t bring the masterpiece in his mind to the canvas on the easel, his artistic growth, and intellectual development is done by working though the issues that were holding him from his goal, making him a stronger artist, and grasping the concept of his translation between. Arriving at the beach for vacation is thrilling, but we cannot forget to enjoy the flight there. Our translation between.

When we become aware of the steps we are taking to get to a certain place, we are then able to embrace them and take in the lessons that are put in front of us while our minds are expanding. When we start paying attention to the details of the path leading us to our goal, we are able to take more from the entire process, including the final product. We must not become discouraged or let frustration take over. When we focus on the irritation of putting what is in our heads into a state of being, we miss the chance to fully encounter the beautiful process that helps us evolve in the creation of our work. The translation between.

It is alarming to think of how much inspiration is not being brought forward because it's stuck in the movement towards reality. It’s not something to be stuck in, it’s something to embrace. Embracing progression is important in living a life that is learning, growing, experiencing, analyzing, questioning, and exploring each and every day. Loving every part of the path we take to reach a certain point is a key element in gaining the ability to reflect on our experiences and in understanding exactly where our evolution happened. Reaching the top of a mountain we have climbed symbolizes a time of self-advancement. The end is rewarding, but the true magic happens in the translation between.