Sometimes You Have To Struggle In Order To Succeed

Life doesn't include a perfect plan for the way things are supposed to be.

55

In life, we want everything to go perfectly. We want to get into our dream school. We want to get the promotion. We want to be the best versions of ourselves we possibly can be.

And often to get what we want or have that dream job, you must have experience first. Whether it be from an internship or just what you learn from the classroom, it all can aid in helping you be the best versions of ourselves. However, what also helps is learning from our mistakes. That's where true wisdom comes from.

College and growing up is about analyzing a situation, seeing what went wrong and acknowledging what went right, and seeing what you can do to improve. Sometimes, situations are out of control and we cannot really change the outcome. Even just recognizing the circumstances are not within your control can help you succeed in life.

This semester, I currently have two professors who do not believe students should receive As in their class. I study hard every day when I can, using every app or websites that are meant to improve studying and improve grades. I've attended numerous office hours, recitations, and group tutoring sessions. Nothing seems to be working. And it's not like I'm not doing well in my other classes. When it comes to science general education requirements and math, I have been struggling.

As a result, I've panicked about possibly failing and what that might mean. I already have been stressing with the fact I might not be graduating on time due to my transfer credits.

When it comes to classes for my major, I've been excelling. I know I can do the coursework, and that I am smart enough to be here.

However, realizing that these professors teaching styles are completely different from what I'm used to has helped. Even talking to them about my concerns, they constantly mention "students who take my class don't receive As" or "be grateful you got a B." Really encouraging, right?

But it is. I know I am going to be better from this whole experience. I'm surviving my first semester at a new school, meeting new people, and trying to take advantage of everything. I am doing the best that I can.

Life doesn't include a perfect plan for the way things are supposed to be. Society has put pressure on when and how we ware meant to accomplish certain milestones. That isn't the way it has to be.

I mean, how many other kids can say that they made the decision to transfer with two weeks left of their fall semester and manage to do it all?