Top Museums To Visit in Australia this Summer

Australia is an excellent holiday spot if you want to see historical sites and items. You can spend the whole day learning more about the world in Museums in Australia

10

in Australia. No other country comes close to what this beautiful country offers in terms of sights. This guy offers large.

From exhibitions on indigenous culture to natural history showings and historical artifacts, there is so much to see in Australia. You can always find a museum that matches your interest. This guide will highlight some of them.

Museum Of Contemporary Art

This museum overlooks Sydney Harbour so it gives you an opportunity to enjoy the views outside and the culture inside. You can find a lot of precious art from different artists, community projects, and even solo exhibitions. The museum offers diversity and contemporary art.

Australian Museum

This museum offers the holy grail of artifacts. You can find both culture and science as well as nature. If you’re interested in seeing dinosaurs and other cultural objects, this is a good place to visit. It also features dark tours each Thursday in conjunction with First Nations peoples who create rich collections of song, art and dance, and storytelling. Since the museum is one of the oldest ones in the country, it has more than 21 million cultural objects and specimens.

Crystal Caves

Located in Queensland, this museum contains the largest crystal collections and fossils in the world. It is a cave and a museum and it was built in 1987. In 1993, the cave was expanded to contain more grottos, tunnels, chambers, and other crawl spaces. This helped create a dramatic effect for visitors to the historical site. So far, the museum holds millions of dollars worth of fossils and crystals.

Some rare rocks like an amethyst geode and rose quartz boulders that cost over $100,000 can be found there.

Melbourne Museum

This museum is situated in Victoria and boasts garden trails and immersive labs. It stands out among other museums because

Victoria

From immersive labs to garden trails, Melbourne Museum is unlike any other museum in Australia. It has a dedicated 3D documentary room, and a living gallery for dinosaurs, bugs, and fossil intel. It also tells the story of the city’s history alongside the legend of the racehorse Pharlap.

Australian War Memorial

This war memorial is located in the Australian Capital Territory. The museum helps tell the story of the deep war history of Australia. If you’re a history enthusiast, this should be a fun visit for you. It often starts off as a tour of Australia’s war history and covers the purpose of commemorating the people who died during the war. Visitors are also allowed to use resources freely.

Australian National Surfing Museum

This Victoria-based museum is an important sight for sports enthusiasts. The museum charts the country’s contribution to the growth of surfing in the world. You can find surfing memorabilia and artifacts at this museum. There are also awesome surfboard collections.There is so much to see as a history enthusiast in Australia. This list can help you to find museums that pique your interest.