Top 5 Unique Eateries To Visit Around Syracuse
Food Drink

A list of out of the ordinary dining and snack locations perfect for your stay in Syracuse

128
https://www.visitsyracuse.com/listing/original-grain/1109/

As a local, I've had the opportunity to eat most of what Syracuse has to offer. If you've noticed that Syracuse sports bars can get overwhelming on game nights and as good as dinosaur bbq is, sometimes you need a change, you should begin by changing-up the food venues you frequent. If you're looking for the perfect venue for a less than ordinary experience in Syracuse, here are some places to start:

1. Finally Our's Diner

If you are looking for a true, local Syracuse experience, Finally Our's Diner is perfect for you. It's open Tuesdays through Sundays from 6 a.m. to 3 p.m., making it the perfect destination for breakfast or lunch. The stuffed french toast is amazing, and you can support a locally run Upstate New York business. Dining at Finally Our's Diner makes you feel as though you're family because you are surrounded by friendly faces and enthusiasm for great food.

If you have time while visiting or staying in the Syracuse area, stop by to support the owners Lisa and Dave Laffin's dream diner!

2. Strong Hearts Cafe

Located about 5 minutes from Syracuse University is Strong Hearts Cafe. It is 100% vegan and 100% tasty. They offer breakfast, sides such as macaroni and potato salad, soups, sandwiches, wraps, desserts, and milk-free milkshakes. This is one of the most unique locations in Syracuse because everything on the menu is vegan, they use locally grown produce and sustainable products such as biodegradable food packaging.

Strong Hearts is open from 8 a.m. to 11 p.m. Mondays through Thursdays, 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. Fridays, 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. Saturdays, and 9 a.m. to 11 p.m. on Sundays.

3. Roji Tea Lounge

Not far from Syracuse University is Roji Tea Lounge. Roji offers an assortment of teas, milkshakes, food, desserts, and snacks, therefore, it makes the perfect destination for just about any time. Good thing too, they are open 10 a.m. to Midnight every day! Customers have the choice of sitting on couches, at tables, or on mats to adhere to the traditional ways of serving tea.

The worldly teas, lounge experience, and musical ambiance are reasons you should make Roji Tea Lounge one of your Syracuse stops.

4. Vermont Green Mountain Specialty Co

Located in Skaneateles, NY, Vermont Green Mountain Specialty Co. is known for their chocolate treats, candy, and coffee. From fudge to truffles, gummy snacks to chocolate covered pretzels, there is candy for everyone at a reasonable price. Don't forget to grab a coffee or hot chocolate before you go!

Vermont Green Mountain Specialty Co. is open from 6:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. every day besides Tuesdays when they close at 5 p.m. and Sundays when their hours are 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.

5. Original Grain

Located in downtown Syracuse, Original Grain focuses on healthy, unique, and bold flavors that miraculously work well together. Their uniqueness stems from their passion for providing customers with a completely new take on healthy food bowls. Their menu offers toasts, grain bowls, green bowls, noodle bowls, wraps, smoothie bowls, and sandwiches.

Original Grain is open Mondays through Saturdays at 7:30 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Sundays 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.

Syracuse is a great city with more to offer than what first meets the eye. Take the time to explore and find new food venues around the area.