5 Text Messages That We've All Received And HATE Having To Open

I actually really love texting, and I prefer texting over phone calls any day, but there are certain text messages that I just can't with anymore. Of course, I have been found guilty of all of these, which is why I restrain myself from sending these five text messages. We've probably all have been the senders and receivers of these text messages.

"Lol"

We're all guilty of this, but "lol" is EXTREMELY overused. There's a 99.999% chance that the person who sent you the message isn't laughing and is just sitting there with the most indifferent face ever. If the message only contains an 'lol", you already know the conversation is over.

“Okay”

The only people who should be saying "okay" to me should be my parents. There's something about sending an okay that makes me a little frustrated. Besides it being a conversation killer, it just sounds bland and uninteresting over text. I would rather you send me a random emoji or sticker or react to my message as opposed to ending our conversation with an okay.

“Can I call you?”

When people ask if they can call me, I have to brace myself. The conversations end up being hours long, and I never know how to respond especially when it comes to issues involving other people who I don't know. I want to be there for my friends but half of the time, I just don't know how to help them.

“I just woke up”

When I'm just about to step foot out the door, I get this message, and I just step back in. I understand that you can be 5-10 minutes late, but waking up a half hour we're supposed to meet up for something that we've planned weeks prior is just not it.

“Good morning”

This one is debatable and is dependent on the person who sends it. Otherwise, I feel as if good morning texts are artificial and used as a conversation starter, but they do not go further than that. I think Snapchat ruined good mornings for me because the good morning snaps were simply too redundant and there was nothing to be said after they were opened.