The Top 15 Best Road-Trip Songs For Your Trip Back to College

Getting you through the transition from Thanksgiving break to college.

30

Not sure what to listen to on your drive back to college after a weekend full of family fun and high school reunions? Don't fret! We have the perfect 15 road trip songs to get you through the long way back to homework and exams after a relaxing weekend with the fam.

15. My Girl - The Temptations

There's nothing like this calming 1964 happy tune full of bright lyrics and nice boy harmonies to start off your road-trip back to college and say goodbye to your hometown.

14. Sunday Morning - Maroon 5

The perfect song to relax and smile too- nothing makes you smile more than Adam Levine and you driving slow on Sunday Morning back to college.

13. Sweet Caroline - Neil Diamond

As you start to get excited about going back to school, this song helps you greet your college friends after the longest you've spent apart this year (especially if you're going to Boston).

12. Home - Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros

As the drive goes on, you may get sad about leaving your hometown and your family yet again. But don't worry, Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros get you.

11. Stickshifts and Safetybelts - Cake

After a little sadness, it's time for some Cake. With this upbeat electric guitar, your mood is sure to brighten.

10. Come On Eileen - Dexy's Midnight Runners

Nothing can truly compare to this song and its happy-go-lucky attitude. Feel free to dance your heart out to this bands hit!

9. All Star - Smash Mouth

Want to remember childhood? Listen to this song. Everyone knows the words, and we know you do too. Sing them as loud as you can!

8. Fast Car - Tracy Chapman

After some upbeat, fun songs, it's time to slow it down with this classic road-trip song. Sit back, relax, and let Tracy Chapman's beautiful voice take you away.

7. You and I - Lady Gaga

There's nothing like Lady Gaga's lyrics and voice to lead you into Nirvana. With this classic and a little out of character song, you're sure to begin getting excited about going back to school.

6. Don't Stop Belevin' - Journey

Remember those middle school dances? Jamming out to this song is sure to make you nostalgic, but make you smile too. Turn it all the way up and scream the words to your middle school self as you drive away from your home!

5. You Make My Dreams Come True - Hall & Oates

From The Wedding Singer to Step Brothers to 500 Days of Summer , this song has flown through our pop culture as an icon for smiles and laughter. Reminisce on the people who make your dreams come true as you jam out to one of the happiest songs ever made.

4. Life Is A Highway - Rascal Flatts

Undoubtedly, this song is the perfect road-trip song- it's all about driving! As you start to get closer to school, remember that life is a highway, and you want to ride it all night long (with those homework all-nighters too).

3. Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen

There is no doubt that this song is one of the most incredible. If you know it or you don't know it, a road-trip is incomplete without Galileo.

2. Send Me On My Way - Rusted Root

From Ice Age and Matilda, this song is sure to make you smile. There's nothing like a song with a good vibe to send you back to school with a smile on your face.

1. I Would Walk (500 Miles) - The Proclaimers

No matter what, this is truly the best road-trip song to ever exist. It's time to scream the words, dance like no one's watching, and jam out to this classic as the last song before Thanksgiving break is over.