Top 15 Comedic Specials On Netflix

Top 15 Comedic Specials On Netflix

They're laugh-out-loud funny!

33
Top 15 Comedic Specials On Netflix
Noisey

Netflix offers a myriad of shows and movies to watch. Sometimes it's just too hard to choose! Here's 15 Comedians who stand out in a variety of ways! Even Kanye would laugh!

1.Eddie Murphy: Delirious (1983)

Genre: (Very) Crude stand-up comedy, Blue Comedy

Eddie Murphy delivers a laugh-out-loud (LOL) special that has been a gold star in the stand-up comedy world for years. We now have come to know him for his family-friendly roles in Dr. Dolittle and Daddy Daycare but is his younger years he captivated audiences with his raunchy comedy set Delirious. In his special he touches on his childhood, impressions of celebrities, and current events of the 80’s. Although this is a hilarious comedy set, there are some touchy subjects and stigmas presented that have long been outgrown by our society. But remember, it’s all jokes. Even with that, a definite LOL set that will bring you all the way back to the 1980’s.

Other Works on Netflix: RAW (1987)

2. Jimmy Carr: Funny Business (2016)

Genre: Stand-up comedy, Satire, Dark Comedy, Blue Comedy

British Comedian, Jimmy Carr, presents a hilarious comeback comedy special (after many tax avoidance allegations). He addresses almost every issue and current event in our society today and makes a clear difference between British and American societal rules of living. Hecklers are no issue for him as he invites them to try and throw him off balance. Highly suggested for those with an open mind and a good sense of humor.

3. Anthony Jeselnik: Thoughts and Prayers (2015)

Genre: (Very Very) Crude stand-up comedy, Dark Comedy, Observational Comedy, Blue Comedy

Extreme caution. Do not watch if easily offended…. by anything. Anthony Jeselnik goes out of his way to talk about the most sensitive, controversial issues that face our society today. As he delivers his jokes, he explains the intellectual genius and even gives a little back story, which only adds to the comedic success of the special. All in all, a piece of controversial comedic genius.

4. John Mulaney: New in Town (2012)

Genre: Stand-Up Comedy, Observational Comedy

Young Comedian, John Mulaney, debuts with a special that is filled with hilarious stories from his childhood and even some tales of early adulthood that are sure to make a great evening of laughs. New in Town is a go-to special to watch anytime you need a little pick-me-up after a long day, or you just need some straight-up stand-up comedy. A great debut to the stand-up arena for this comedian.

Other Works on Netflix: The Comeback Kid (2015)

5. Tom Segura: Completely Normal (2014)

Seasoned Veteran, Tom Segura, loves his impressions and stories as he gives his Completely Normal special. Saucy, and to the point, Segura has no limits of what could come up as he entertains the audience and shares his life experiences thus far. His life lessons start out sentimental but end nowhere near where you’d expect them to go. Great conversation style stand-up, you do not want to miss out on this comedian.

Other Works on Netflix: Mostly Stories (2016)

6. Louis C.K.: Chewed Up (2008)

Genre: (Very) Crude Stand-Up Comedy, Dark Comedy, Satire, Blue Comedy

Notorious for being a brutally honest, no bullsh*t kinda guy, Louis C.K. astonishes audiences with stories about his life, kids, and society. Shocking language can cause quite the stir, but Louis C.K. only shares what’s on his mind. Can’t blame him for being real. Don’t feel bad for laughing, it’s only natural.

Other Works on Netflix: Live at the Beacon Theater (2011)

7. Trevor Noah: African American (2013)

Comedic innovator Trevor Noah discusses the differences between being African-American and being from South Africa in his special, African American. Now the new host of the Daily Show, he takes audiences through his first moments in American society. A hilarious set, for absolutely anyone who needs a good laugh.

Other Works on Netflix: You Laugh but It’s True (2011)

8. Donald Glover: Weirdo (2012)

Genre: Stand-Up Comedy, Blue Comedy

Donald Glover, also known as Childish Gambino, gives his take on life, and shares how to live happy without caring about what others think. Great stage presence along with diverse storytelling makes Weirdo a great special by Glover.

9. Mike Birbiglia: My Girlfriend’s Boyfriend (2013)

Established comic, Mike Birbiglia shares the ups and downs of his life that make My Girlfriend’s Boyfriend such an enjoyable special. His girlfriend, now wife, is a big inspiration for this set and gives him guidance most men need from their supportive counterpart.

Other Works on Netflix: What I Should Have Said Was Nothing: Tales of My Secret Public Journal (2008)

10. Chris Tucker: LIVE (2015)

Genre: Stand-Up Comedy, Blue Comedy

Chris Tucker leaves no stone unturned in this 2015 Live Stand-Up performance. The economy, relationships, and even other celebrities aren’t safe the powerful scowl of Chris Tucker. A performance that is highly recommended for everyone.

11. Aziz Ansari: Dangerously Delicious (2012)

Genre: Stand-Up Comedy, Blue Comedy

Indian star, Aziz Ansari, now featured of Parks and Recreation and new series Master of None on Netflix. Talks about his new success of being on TV and how it has changed his life. Relationships are a hot topic for Ansari, friends, and significant others cause him stress and give him inspiration for his special Dangerously Delicious. Taking command of the stage and the audience, Ansari’s special is a great special on Netflix.

Other Works on Netflix: Buried Alive (2013); Live at Madison Square Garden (2015); Master of None 1 Season (2015)

12. Jim Jefferies: BARE (2014)

Genre: Crude Stand-Up Comedy, Dark Comedy, Blue Comedy

Aussie, Jim Jefferies, takes the stage with ease and confidence as he talks about his philosophies on life and relationships. No matter where the conversation may wander he continues to make the audience laugh guiltily at his stories. Life for Jefferies is full of mishaps that he describes in full detail, making BARE a unique stand-up special.

Other Works on Netflix: FREEDUMB (To Be Released), Legit 2 Seasons (2014)

13. Bill Burr: Let it Go (2010)

Genre: Crude Stand- Up Comedy, Observational Comedy

Successful comedian, Bill Burr, presents his second stand-up special Let It Go. Dating, religion, and race are subjects very familiar to Burr and are used in this satirical special. A straightforward, honest style of Stand-Up makes this special a satisfying piece of comedy.

Other Works on Netflix: You People are All the Same (2012);I’m Sorry You Feel that Way (2014)

14. John Caparulo: Come Inside Me (2013)

Unique comedic styling and voice alone draw you in, but his storytelling and ease on stage captivate audiences in this hour special presented by John Caparulo. You can watch it again and again, and still find it funnier than before. An underrated special that I highly recommend to watch and enjoy.

15. Jim Gaffigan: Beyond the Pale (2005)

Real, relatable, situations make Jim Gaffigan my clean up Comic for this Top 15 Comedic List. Personally, one of my favorite comics that are not recognized for his skill on stage. He mixes sarcasm and observational comedy to make a belly hurting debut special Beyond the Pale.

Other Works on Netflix: Mr. Universe (2012)

Honorable Mentions:

16. D.L. Hughley: Reset (2012)
17. Chelsea Peretti: One of the Greats (2014)
18. Ali Wong: Baby Cobra (2016)
19. Nick Offerman: American Ham (2014)
20. Felipe Esparza: They're Not Going To Laugh at You (2012)