10 Trade Targets w/ Predictions

10 Trade Targets w/ Predictions

The trade deadline for the NBA season is approaching as February 6th comes closer and closer. There are a lot of names being thrown around the trade rumor mill.

94
10 Trade Targets w/ Predictions
theringer.com

Trade season is here everybody as rumors about a ton of players are swirling around about whether they are staying or going to a new team. The official date of the NBA Trade Deadline is February 6th at 3:00 PM Eastern. The teams that are underperforming will be looking to sell so they can either gain cap space to make a move in the offseason or draft picks to get ready for this year's draft. As for the teams looking to make a push in the playoffs they will be looking to gain that one or two pieces that can turn them into title contenders or solidify their chances.

Andre Drummond

CBSSports.com

2019-2020 stats: 17.5 PPG and 16RPG

First we have Detroit Pistons star center Andre Drummond. He will be a free agent soon and the Pistons fear he might move on from them due to a lack of success. So to prevent that they might be looking to trade him to at least get something in return. Teams like the Celtics,Hawks, Mavericks, and Raptors are interested in trading for the star big man.

Our Prediction: Being completely biased his best fit would be with Boston making them instant title contenders getting the rim protection and rebounding they need but that will probably end up costing them Gordon Hayward. We see him actually ending up with the Hawks to build a competitive core with Trae Young and John Collins.

Kyle Kuzma

SlamOnline.com

2019-2020 stats: 12.0 PPG and 42.5 FG%

Next is the last member of the Lakers “young core". This past offseason the Lakers traded away Lonzo,Ingram, and Josh Hart to the Pelicans to get Anthony Davis leaving Kuzma to play with Lebron and AD. Most thought he was safe from being traded but due to recent frustrations he could be on his way out of LA.

Our Prediction: There has been rumors of the Kings wanting Kuzma's services reuniting him with former coach Luke Walton. They can potentially do a trade straight up for Bogdan Bogdanovic who is also on the trading block. Lakers get a certified scorer and Kuzma gets a fresh start.

Gordon Hayward

SI.com

2019-2020 Stats: 16.7 PPG and 52.4 FG%

Up next is Celtics forward Gordon's Hayward. The Celtic has had surprising success with the departure of Kyrie and Horford. They have became one of the best teams in the league but one weakness is rim protection and rebounding and Gordon Hayward's name has come up a lot to try to gain that rim protection and rebounding from other teams.

Our Prediction: As much as Phil wants the Drummond trade involving Hayward to happen We don't believe it will. We believe the Celtics will stay put at the trade deadline and if they don't do well in the playoffs then consider doing trading in the offseason. Expect Hayward to stay in Beantown for the rest of the year.

Derrick Rose

CBSSports.com

2019-2020 Stats: 17.5 PPG and 5.8 APG

This player is having one of his best seasons since his injuries which are making a lot of teams wanting his services to help them make a push for the playoffs. Derrick Rose is having a solid season for the Pistons and could be very useful for a playoff team not only has a sixth man but maybe a reliable starter depending on the team.

Our Prediction: Teams like the Lakers, Rockets and Clippers could all use his services as they need a productive bench PG. We expect him to also stay put as we believe D Rose will be the Pistons main PG as they should be moving on from Reggie Jackson.

Chris Paul

CBSSports.com

2019-2020 Stats:16.6 PPG and 6.5 APG

Now we have one of the members of the banana boat CP3. He found his way to OKC after being involved in a trade that sent him to OKC and Russell Westbrook to Houston. He is now the leader amongst a very young team that also gain some young players from trading away Paul George also. He was initially supposed to be traded in the offseason and wasn't expected to suit up for OKC but didn't have many suitors could things change with trade season heating up and Paul still showing he still has it?

Our Prediction: This one is also a tough one to call because CP3 is still productive but his contract might be an issue for teams to take in. We believe he also stays put due to his large contract.

Andre Iguodala

ClutchPoints.com

2019-2020 Stats: N/A

Coming up next is a player who hasn't played at all this season in defensive specialist Andre Iguodala. This offseason Golden State trades him away to Memphis to make room for D'Angelo Russell. He has not played a single game for them as he wants to play for a title contender instead of a rebuilding team. Memphis has the option of buying him out but decided they want something in return for him so they are weighing their options to see what they can get for them. Teams like the Lakers and Clippers are fighting to trade for him.

Our Prediction: The Battle of LA will continue as both teams wants Iggy to boost their teams defense. Who wins this round of the battle? Team Lebron gets the former finals MVP to finally get a W against the Clippers.

Jrue Holiday

CBSSports.com

2019-2020 Stats: 19.6 PPG and 6.5 APG

Jrue Holiday is one of the best two way players in the NBA and teams could be looking to trade for his services to boost their team's defense. He could be on his way out of New Orleans to pave way for the youth movement including Zion, Lonzo, Ingram, and Hart.

Our Prediction: Teams like the Bucks,Heat,Suns, Bulls, Nuggets, and Timberwolves are interested in the combo guard who is a lockdown specialist but just like CP3 his issue is the massive contract which has 2 years and 53 Mill left. We don't expect teams to bite on this as he continues to be a mentor to the young pelicans.

DeMar DeRozan

CBSSPorts.com

2019-2020 Stats: 21.9 PPG and 51.3 FG %

Up next is former Raptor guard DeMar DeRozan. The Spurs championship window is well behind them so they might start rebuilding with guards Derrick white and Dejounte Murray leading the way. This means vets like Lamarcus Aldridge and DeMar DeRozan could be on the way out for cap space and draft capital.

Our Prediction: Rumor is that the Magic are slightly interested in a Aaron Gordon and DeMar DeRozan swap. We don't see this happening and probably end up seeing DeMar getting bought out or finishing his career in San Antonio.

Marcus Morris

Fadewayworld.net

2019-2020 Stats: 19.1 PPG and 43.8 FG %

Playing last year with the Boston Celtics is current forward for the Knicks Marcus Morris. He had a good year last year leading Boston's bench with attitude and brought that over to NY in becoming one of the Knicks best players. Rumors have it the Knicks are looking to acquire starter level talent and they will possibly use Morris to get it.

Our Prediction: There are mutual feelings by the Knicks and Morris of wanting him to stay in NY even though there are rumors of the 76ers and Clippers being interested. So expect Marcus to stay.

Kevin Love

SBNation.com

2019-2020 Stats:16.8 PPG and 10.2 RPG

Finally we have Cavs big man Kevin Love. He has had recent frustrations with the team due to the lack of them being competitive. He has shown that frustration on the court recently and his coach benched him immediately. There are plenty of teams that could use his offense as he looks to move on. There has been a desire to play for his hometown Blazers but we will see what Cleveland does with their disgruntled big man.

Our Prediction: It is finally time for Kevin Love to move on from the Cavs as they are looking to rebuild with picks like Collin Sexton and Darius Garland leading the way. Where will he end up? Rumors have him going to Phoenix, Houston, Portland, and a few others. We expect him to be traded west and be back home in Portland with a trade involving Hassan Whiteside.

There you have it everybody. Our predictions for where these 10 players will end up at when the trade deadline is up on February 6th at 3pm Eastern time. Obviously there are a lot more players we could have covered but we didn't want to make this article too long. We will see how everything turns out soon!!!!!