Top 10 Things College Kids Need For Christmas

A good gift doesn't have to be big

14
Pottery Barn-Kids

Now that I'm in my Sophomore year of college I have started to notice and take note of what every college girl (or boy, I don't judge) needs. And with the holidays and gift giving in full swing, I've come up with a small list of must haves from gifts to stocking stuffers!

1. One good oversized sweater

A nice oversized sweater can be dressed up or dressed down. They can be worn with dress pants, jeans, or leggings and they are über comfy too. They are great for class presentations or just bumming around your dorm on the weekend.

2.Instant Coffee/ Tea

I know Starbucks has an instant coffee line, and there are some amazing teas like green and chamomile. These are great for a cold day in the dorm! They are also great for when you don't want to wake up as early to get down to the dining hall to get coffee or tea.

3. A good pair or multiple pairs of headphones/earbuds

Currently I have like 3 pairs of earbuds (only 2 are good quality), they are nice to have around when you are done studying or working out so you can listen to music (or for blocking out other distractions such as people yelling down the hall) And having more than one pair is helpful for when one breaks or you lose a pair.

4. Lotion!

This time of year can dry out our skin really bad, I never don't love getting lotion. I have a stockpile on the shelf in my room, and everyone who has stopped in my room within the last 3 weeks of the semester has said "wow you have a lot of lotion and good smelling stuff" and that is the best feeling ever.

5. iTunes gift cards (or really any gift card)

We hate spending our own money so if you get us a gift card or multiple gift cards it makes our life. American express makes gift card you can use literally anywhere. Amazon, Target, and Walmart gift cards also because all three have the necessities we will use throughout the year like textbooks and laundry detergent.

6. Command strips/ sticky tack

These are AMAZING for hanging things up without leaving marks on the walls of your dorm. Having extras around are great for when you want to redecorate or when something falls. Also we may need a lot of both for pictures, frames, and other decorations

7. Mugs!

Mugs are great for coffee, tea, and coco. They are also great to keep around for other drinks if you don't want to drink from the bottle. Also mugs are great for oatmeal and cereal. To go mugs are preferred for class

8. Non perishable food

Every college kid loves food, especially if they don't have to pay for it. Food is food. There are days where you'd rather not eat the mush they mixed veggies, so having non perishable items such as microwavable macaroni and cheese, ramen noodles, chips, pretzels, popcorn, and chocolate around is always nice if you want a relaxed dinner or lunch in

9. {Extra} Socks and underwear

These are a must because either don't wash them enough or wash them to much to the point of them either smelling or slowly dying on us. Also these things get lost and stained the easiest because they are worn the most.

10. A sturdy yet nice looking bag

So far all 2 of my original purses, two of the now only 4 bags i consider purses vs. totes, have had their zipper break. Having a bag that is not a backpack or something that you would carry to class is so very nessicary because your not going to want to always carry your wallet, phone, headphones, chapstick/makeup, and keys in your hand everywhere you go, so getting a small, nice purse is a must do. Vera Bradley makes nice purses that are well made and hold up well and are worth the price. There is also a newer brand out there called R. Riveter, and this brand is a little bit more expensive, but all the purses and other gifts are made from old military gear and for some leather. For example the purse i just got is made of fabric from an old tent and has a leather top and strap. All of their bags and gifts are made by military spouses.