Top 10 Panic! At The Disco Music Videos

Top 10 Panic! At The Disco Music Videos

From a fan's new perspective.

1223
Top 10 Panic! At The Disco Music Videos
Instagram

Panic! At the Disco has their new album, "Death of a Bachelor," set to be released January 15th and I am beyond excited. Since their debut in 2006, Panic! At the Disco has gained popularity nationwide. Their music has a great pop rock sound and to see them in concert is a great experience. In honor of their new album being released, I am going to list, in my opinion, the top 10 best Panic! At the Disco music videos.

10. "Hallelujah"

This song shows the religious side of the band. The song is a message to those guilty of sin owning up to their faults. The music video makes us want to get up and scream hallelujah! And plus, those dancing skills right there were amazing.

9. "Victorious"

This is one of the newest music videos by the band, but still a fan favorite. Anyone who is in need of a song to make them feel like they can accomplish anything, "Victorious" is for you. In the music video, lead singer Brendon Urie plays a guy who has just gone through a break up. Throughout the video, he decides to turn his life around. He gets over his ex and life seems to be looking up for him; he even gets a new girlfriend by the end of the video. If anything, this video makes you feel like you can get over anything, including a breakup – unless your ex is Urie.

8. "Lying Is The Most Fun A Girl Can Have Without Taking Her Clothes Off"

This song was for made for teenagers. Named from a line from the movie "Closer," this song is about how a girl cheated on her boyfriend, but the guy knows that she could never do better than him. The song was inspired by guitarist Ryan Ross whose girlfriend had cheated on him. The music video was very creative, I mean people wear fish tanks on their heads! One of the big differences with this video from the band's other music videos is that most of the video lacks any appearance by the band. The only time that the band is shown is when they arrive as paramedics to take the two dead lovers to sea. This video deserves a second viewing to fully appreciate it.

7. "The Ballad of Mona Lisa"

I wanna believe that this video would be higher on this list, but say what you mean and tell me I'm right, this is one of Panic! At the Disco's best music videos. While the song is about a guy dealing with two sides of his personality, the music video's theme is about the band letting go of their past, which explains why the setting of the video would be at a funeral. The music video keeps a lot of the same themes as the band's earlier music videos, even having the clocks on the walls in the music video set to nine o'clock (a nod to their song "Nine In The Afternoon").

6. "Miss Jackson ft. Lolo"

This song is one of the more darker songs by the band. This song was to be written about Urie's personal life and is a reference to the 1986 hit "Nasty" by Janet Jackson. It tells of a story of an obsessive man who is in love with an unattainable woman and this is shownby Urie's psychotic love struck role throughout the video. Its creepy and sexy. The music video does a great job at emphasizing the twisted love the guy feels for the mystery woman.

5. "Ready To Go (Get Me Out Of My Mind)"

This song makes you want to get up and go. The music video features different scenes including Urie giving a "Buddy Holly" impression. Having the band show their fans some sweet dance moves really makes the video enjoyable to watch and dance to.

4. "This Is Gospel"

This is one of my personal favorites. The song is just powerful. Urie wrote this song about former Panic! drummer Spencer Smith who had been dealing with an addiction to alcohol and prescription pills. It was a difficult situation that Urie had no way to control. The greatest line in the whole song would have to be, "If you love me let me go!"

Having a friend go through an addiction is a painful experience, but the only thing you can do is let them deal with it. A song like this deserves a great video that shows the struggles of fighting an addiction problem. This is a 10 out of 10 in my book.

3. "Girls/ Girls/ Boys"

This music video is my guilty pleasure. The song talks about a guy who wants to hook up with a girl, but the guy struggles with the fact that she wants to hook up with another girl. The song is great, but the video can make anyone week at the knees. Urie just stands there wearing nothing except his good looks and we are okay with that. Also, check out the directors cut of the music video if you want to watch a more risque version.

2. "Nine in the Afternoon"

The song is one of the most positive songs Panic! At the Disco has ever come up with and we love them for it. The music video shows the band in a sort of candyland type place, playing instruments in a marching band and wearing animal heads. The video looks like something out of "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Heart Clubs Band" and its amazing. This song and music video is still a fan favorite. If you are a fan of the Beatles or just want to enjoy a happy song, this is for you.

1. "I Write Sins Not Tragedies"

Yes, this is always number one in my opinion. "I Write Sins Not Tragedies" was the hit that brought Panic! At the Disco into the mainstream. This double platinum song was great, but the video was what truly sold it. A circus wedding with a handsome groom and a bride that is a... well you know. Having Urie as the ringmaster and the Groom's alter ego was the most fun to watch. After viewing the video, anyone could see why the video was named the Best VMA Winning Video of All Time by MTV and why people still go crazy for it.