Top 10 list of things that .NET developers should look for

.NET developers

34

The.NET framework is an open source technology that is utilized by millions of software developers (there are over 6 million .

NET developers worldwide according to recent estimates). As a result, many third-party development tools have grown in popularity. Below are some of the most valuable and useful NET development tools

Microsoft Web Platform Installer

This free package management program makes it simple to get the newest Microsoft Web Platform components, such as IIS, SQL Server Express,.NET Framework, Visual Web Developer, and much more. By automatically installing the most recent versions of each component, the system keeps you up to date. Because the third-party community utilizes it to distribute products and code, the Microsoft Web Platform Installer is an essential tool (along with NuGet)

Web Essentials for Visual Studio

This Visual Studio extension adds more powerful and helpful capabilities to the core VS functionality, such as task shortcuts and better Intellisense for CSS/HTML/JavaScript, and so forth. This is a useful feature for Visual Studio web developers that can help them work more efficiently.

NuGet

NuGet is a.NET package manager that allows you to use third-party libraries as well as develop and share your own. It is the largest database of third-party.NET components, with over 98 thousand packages now accessible. The procedure of downloading components before NuGet, was medieval. NuGet simplifies the integration of third-party components into your Visual Studio project during design time and includes a command-line for CI/CD deployments. It is an absolute requirement.

Visual Studio Gallery

This is a useful tool that allows you to access Visual Studio extensions, controls, and templates quickly. The marketplace is integrated with the IDE, enabling you to search through over 7,000 products. The Visual Studio Gallery is essential for finding the perfect extension for your requirements. Clicking on Extensions in VS wouldn't operate without the VS Gallery.

Novi Builder

Novi Builder is a visual HTML editor that makes it simple to change text, graphics, links, backgrounds, and other components. There are around 200 helpful elements that may be used to design various pages.
Novi also comes with a code editor that allows you to work with HTML, CSS, and JS code in your online projects. One editor caters to both amateur and professional web developers.

LINQPad

This is a secure environment where you can put your LINQ queries or any C#/F#/Visual Basic program to the test. The tool comes with a built-in debugger and autocomplete capability, making it ideal for experimenting with immediate feedback.
LINQPad is a must-have tool for learning LINQ and testing code snippets before incorporating them into your project.

.NET Reflector

NET Reflector is a.NET framework decompiler and static analyzer. Even if you don't have any documentation or comments, it can assist you understand and debug your.NET code, including third-party components.
When you decompile an assembly, Reflector offers you a clear picture of what's inside and what the code is actually doing.

ReSharper

Reshaper is a visual Studio extension that was created by JetBrains. ReSharper gives you the ability to examine code quality and quickly detect and correct mistakes. It also provides a variety of shortcuts for refactoring and navigation that are quick and straightforward. This tool should be purchased by any developer who wishes to become more productive when developing C# code.

ELMAH

(ELMAH) is an acronym for Error Logging Modules and Handlers. It is a Google-provided open-source debugging and error reporting tool for ASP.NET. It definitely shines out when compared to some of the other paid.NET logging solutions available online.

When an issue happens on a live site, you may use ELMAH to figure out what's going on in your code. This assists the developer in two ways: first, it records the error as soon as it occurs, and second, it removes the user from the equation. The feature is useful for determining whether you overlooked anything in your code before releasing a website into the open, but after a certain number of users, it's usually advisable to turn it off."

NDepend

Another Visual Studio addon for static code analysis is NDepend. Right within the IDE, the tool allows you to assess the quality of your code using multiple metrics, illustrate its design, and properly determine your technical level. In case you experience any problem with .NET development, you may consult Sonatafy, a reputable IT firm with highly trained experts.