The Top 10 Holiday Episodes Of All Time

The Top 10 Holiday Episodes Of All Time

Happy holidays from your favorite TV characters!

121
The Top 10 Holiday Episodes Of All Time

It’s the most wonderful time of the year! Why not celebrate by watching some of the best shows to ever be on television? Careful, if you haven’t finished these series', there may be some spoiler alerts throughout this article.

1. Friends - The One With The Holiday Armadillo (Season 7 Episode 10)

Of course, this one is the first that comes to my mind. Ross dressing up as the ‘holiday armadillo’ in order to try to convince his son that Hanukkah has a story just as great as Christmas is one of the most random but hilarious moments in a television Christmas special. And of course, Chandler steals his thunder by coming in dressed as Santa. Oh, and I can’t forget when Phoebe wants to drive a wedge between Rachel and Joey so she gives them a drum set, which ultimately just brings the two closer together.

2. The Office - Moroccan Christmas (Season 5 Episode 11)

From Dwight sitting at a desk wrapped in wrapping paper to him selling the hottest toy on the market for $200, this episode never fails for a good holiday laugh. Of course, the main plot of this episode is regarding Meredith’s alcoholism but the whole office provides laughs nevertheless throughout the episode.

3. How I Met Your Mother- How Lily Stole Christmas (Season 2 Episode 11)

Lily creates her Winter Wonderland in the apartment during a tough report for Marshall in law school and she and Ted come across an old message on the answering machine where Ted called Lily a grinch (no, he did not really say Grinch). Barney denies he is sick, and Robin ends up taking care of him. Lily steals her Winter Wonderland due to her anger towards Ted, but eventually, Ted (with the help of Marshall) gains her forgiveness. Overall, the episode is witty and charming as per usual with a bit of holiday spirit included.

4. That 70’s Show - The Best Christmas Ever (Season 1 Episode 12)

First season, best season. Combine that with the best time of year and you have one of my all-time favorite episodes of That 70’s Show. Red gives Eric money to buy the tree, but the gang has a better idea. After cutting down a tree from the side of the road and keeping the money to buy beer, the following events are comical and ironic as always. Oh, and of course Laurie spikes the punch and gets Jackie and her friends drunk.

5. Gossip Girl- Roman Holiday (Season 1, Episode 11)

Merry Christmas Upper East Siders! For B and S and the gang it's Christmas time in the big city. Serena struggles to find the perfect gift for Dan, and Blair is disappointed by her father bringing his French lover Roman home for Christmas. And of course, Rufus leaves Lily a voicemail. Xoxo, Gossip Girl.

6. The Office - Christmas Party (Season 2, Episode 10)

It’s ‘Secret Santa’ time at Dunder Mifflen! Jim, who of course is in his flirty phase with Pam, gets to give Pam a gift through the exchange. Michael exceeds the $20 limit for his man-crush Ryan and when he hates his gift he decides on a ‘Yankee Swap’ for anyone who dislikes their gift. And what would an Office Christmas be without some shenanigans? Michael buys alcohol for the party, lightening everyone’s moods.

7. American Dad! - For Whom the Sleigh Bell Tolls (Season 6, Episode 8)

Stan and his bold (and ridiculous) actions decide to give Steve a gun for Christmas despite protests from his wife Francine. Steve gets the whole family into trouble when he shoots Santa accidentally and possibly ruins Christmas and the North Pole for everyone. The comical animated series does well with its holiday episodes, and this one is one of the most unique.

8. Parks and Recreation - Christmas Scandal (Season 2, Episode 12)

Leslie is involved in a scandal so she is hiding out from the press, but nevertheless she is of course very excited about the tree lighting ceremony being broadcasted on the Internet. Well, the Internet radio. But it’s Leslie and with her attitude and personality, of course she’s excited! April gets help from Andy to figure out Christmas presents, and the entire episode is filled with its usual hysteria in the parks and recreation department.

9. Friends - The One Where Rachel Quits (Season 3, Episode 10)

Rachel takes Chandler and Joey’s terrible advice and quits her job at Central Perk, Joey wants to make money so he starts selling Christmas trees, Ross breaks a girl scout’s leg, Phoebe tries to save the Christmas trees from the wood chipper, and Monica works with Chandler and Joey to surprise Phoebe. With so much going on in just one episode, it never disappoints.

10. Seinfeld - The Red Dot (Season 3, Episode 12)

Last but certainly not least, a classic comedy I own on DVD, Seinfeld. The cast of this show of course includes Jerry Seinfeld, a real life comedian, therefore the show is extremely funny. This Christmas episode, George buys Elaine an early Christmas present; a sweater with a red dot on it. Jerry allows Elaine’s boyfriend (an alcoholic) to drink vodka at a Christmas party and the three friends end up hiding from Elaine’s boyfriend under a desk. The episode provided a nice mix between a normal episode and a Christmas special, which is one of the reasons why it's one of my favorites.

Here's to a holly jolly holiday season!