To My Hero

Heroes. Everybody has them. They are the people we look up to, the ones who keep us safe and the ones who give us hope. Hope and a whole lot to be thankful for. There are so many of these people in our world. They may be close to you, or someone you admire from afar. No matter the relationship, sometimes we forget to thank them. Really and truly thank them, because if it weren't for them we wouldn't be able to live the lives we do. We have so many people to be thankful for, so many men and women who are protecting us every day to keep our country safe. So many heroes I wish I could personally show my appreciation for, even though a simple ‘thank you’ wouldn't fulfill the gratitude they deserve. So don’t forget to tell these special people how grateful you are for them, because they deserve all the honor there is.

To my hero,

Thank you for saving people for a living.

The coolest thing someone could do.

Thank you for never being selfish.

By putting others before yourself.

Thank you for being dedicated.

Dedication and a lot of hard work are some of the things that built the role model that you are.

Thank you for providing us with safety.

For allowing myself, and others to feel comfort and protection.

Thank you for being so courageous.

One of the most admirable characteristics someone could acquire.

Thank you for telling me all about your job, so I have a strong understanding of how real it all is.

Because sometimes the reality is difficult to understand.

And among all of these things, thank you for being my dad.

The best dad in the whole world.

Never forget to thank your heroes.