To The Woman Who Asked If I Was Pregnant

To The Woman Who Made Me Question Myself,

Recently I have found my life to be the greatest it has ever been. I am doing well in school, have a wonderful and loving boyfriend, great friends, amazing family, and everything I could ever need. However, sometimes you can be as nice and good as you possibly can, and people will still find something about you to not like. For you, it was the way I looked.

I prefer to wear loose clothing because it is more comfortable, and I am definitely on the curvier side; but I am not pregnant, unless I just so happen to be the Virgin Mary. I repeat: I AM NOT PREGNANT! Not only was I greatly offended by this comment, my family, my friends, and my boyfriend were as well. I have never been more insulted or hurt in my life and just thinking about that day and how embarrassing it was makes me sick to my stomach.

However, instead taking pity on myself and trying to be a victim, I took this as an opportunity. I don't mean to lose weight or change my appearance to match your shallow standards, but an opportunity to find other reasons to love myself.

I am kind. I have worked so hard my whole life to make the others around me happy. While I do get walked all over most of the time, I still and will always believe kindness will get you further in life then anything else. I try to base everything in my life around kindness. I try to be kind. Even when others, such as yourself, are not so kind, I will show you nothing but a kind smile and nice words of support.

I am loved. Even if you cannot see beneath my exterior, there are others that can. My boyfriend always reassures me that he loves me just as I am. My sisters, two strong and amazing young women, have always been there to support me, even when people like you try to tear me down. My parents have loved me, since the day I was born and continue to show me that same love as they always have. My friends are so amazing and continue to support me as I begin my life story.

I am a better person than you will ever be. If you, a middle aged woman, must justify your shallow beliefs by picking on a 17 year old girl, then your life must be really sad. I'm not angry at you. I never can be angry with anyone even if they deserve it. I'm sorry for you.