To The Mom Who Made Me The Woman I Am, And The Woman I Aspire To Be

Mom, thanks for being my biggest fan! I mean this woman went and got a tattoo with me when I wanted one.

80
Personal Photo

If it wasn't for her, I wouldn't be alive today - I mean, there is always my sperm donor of a father, but he just isn't a part of the picture at all anymore.

Plus, I owe it all to my mom.

She has been there through thick and thin for me and has put up with a bunch of crap that she didn't need from me. She has literally been the best parent I believe someone can be.

I hope that someday, when I have kids, I am as good of a parent as she was and still is.

Ever since we were young, my mom didn't want my brother and me to worry about anything and to just be a kid. She always made sure we had everything we needed and then some - and still does... Allowing us to try as many sports as we wanted, and bring us to every practice and go to every one of our games and support us.

I know this may not be much because it's what parents are supposed to do.

It's just my dad and her were married this whole time and she still did it all on her own. I mean, he would throw her some money every now and then for stuff we may have needed. He would never bring us to practices or go to any of our games, though, and the money never really mattered. Maybe we just wanted to show him how good we were, or just parts of our lives. I mean, parents (even if they aren't interested) have an obligation to be a part of their kids' lives. If they don't want to be, then don't have kids.

Parents should want to know about our interests and our plans for life.

That's why I'm glad I have one parent who is interested in everything I do - sometimes too much - but at least she cares. My mom has not had it easy at all.

Probably from my freshman year in high school to now, things have gotten a little better, but instead of being on a roller coaster that goes both up and down, it seems she was going down for the longest time, with a few little hills in it. She has just never given up, and is constantly staying positive, which amazes me everyday.

I just appreciate her so much.

Yes, she can be a big pain in the butt, but I know I can be, too. She encourages me to be the best me I can be every day, to work my hardest and never give up, and mostly to have goals and know that I can reach them if I set my mind to it. You may be thinking, "Well, all mothers say that." Well, maybe they do, but I think my mom is pretty great. I wish there was some way I could repay her for everything she has done for me, but I know she would never expect me to.

Moms are often underestimated by strangers, their husbands, and us their children.

One thing I will say is, never underestimate the power of a mom. I know it's not Mother's Day yet, but I just want to say thank you to all the moms out there. I'm sure a lot of your kids would agree with me and would say thank you as well, and just want to tell you that all you have done does matter to us.

We appreciate all you do for us and have given up for us. Especially, you mom, thank you for everything you have done and continue to do for me. I LOVE YOU!