To the Woman Who Told Me to "Go to Hell"
Politics

To the Woman Who Told My Friends and I That We Were "Going to Burn in Hell"

I don't think God appreciates you not "loving your neighbor as yourself."

306
standbyghost on Instagram

Thank you for your unnecessary comment. I really appreciate the fact that my friends and I did absolutely nothing to hurt you, yet you still had to make a derogatory comment. We were at the Pride Parade. We were supporting what we believe is right. We did not interfere with what you believe in. We did not rub our beliefs in your face. We did not force you to follow what we believe in. We respected you, but you did not do the same for us.

You did not have to say that we were "going to burn in Hell" because we think gay marriage is fine and should be allowed. We believe that you love who you love, and that should be accepted. We understand that you do not agree with our views, but you do not have to be so rude as to say that we were "going to burn in hell." This is a redundant, condemning, and flat-out saddening statement.

What if you were in our shoes? What if you were the person supporting your beliefs in a public yet respectable manner, and we came along and bashed your views? Wouldn't you feel upset? All you would be doing would be standing on the sidewalk watching a parade take place. That is all. That is all we were doing, so all I ask is "why"? If we were not interfering with your life in any way, then why did you have to project negativity onto us? What was the point?

You have a view different than us. We respect that. We acknowledge that, but when you make us feel lesser because our belief is not in line with yours, then that is where the issue arises. We have to respect each other, not degrade each other. We are all human, so let's treat each other as such, alright?