To the Top: Best Path of Exile Ascendancies

43
Best Path of Exile Ascendancies

The introduction of Ascendancies forever changed the Path of Exile metagame. Because of that, players now have a means to further specialize in their chosen skills. This has forever changed players' queries in PoE Trade, all in the name of that perfect Ascendancy build. Not all of them, however, are equal. For that, here are the best Ascendancies in the game.

Hierophant Ascendancies

The Hierophant is the Templar Ascendancy that is focused on totems and brands. Lately, the Ascendancy has been receiving a few nerfs here and there as of late, but those nerfs aren't enough to kick it off lists that name it as one of the best Ascendancies. This is because regardless of what was taken away from the class, it was compensated or probably made even better by its new nodes, which gave the Ascendancy a focus on the Arcane Surge skill. This time around, the Hierophant has become one of the more powerful damage-dealing classes in the game.

The Inquisitor, another Templar Ascendancy, is also a solid choice. What makes it shine is its proficiency in all sorts of means to damage enemies. This has become truer than ever in Ritual League, allowing it to be the true battlemage class it's always meant to be, especially if you have the right PoE Currency for its build.

Ranger Ascendancies

The Pathfinder is the game's official survivalist, as the Ascendancy is geared towards improved and more efficient flask use. Unfortunately, some players think that the Pathfinder is no longer as it used to be. That, however, doesn't mean it can be counted out, as it's still the best choice for those that want a build that has much focus on using flasks, as well as using poison to hurt enemies. The latter is very much true because of the Toxic Rain build, a solid core skill that can become even more effective because of the Ascendancy's affinity with that ailment.

The Raider is another good Ascendancy from the Ranger base class. While the Pathfinder is all about survival and the Deadeye improves ranged skills, the Raider bolsters the Ranger's ability to deal critical damage. This Ascendancy has become better than ever because of new Dexterity builds that have Toxic Rain, Elemental Hit, and Blade Blast as core skills.

Duelist Ascendancies

The Slayer a Duelist another consistently highly rated class, and is considered as one of the most exemplary melee classes. A lot of Slayer builds have Cyclone as its bread and butter, which is a powerful melee skill. Coupled with a high chance to deal critical damage and protection from reflection, it should be no surprise why the Slayer can make it in an AOE-dominated meta.

The Gladiator is another Duelist class that is equally as thriving as the former. But unlike its offense-oriented Slayer cousin, this Ascendancy is can balance between offense and defense. Players can choose to either dual-wield and go full-on offense, or wield a shield and achieve that previously mentioned balance. Those who go with the latter will have to resort to Bleeding and Bleedsplosion AoE in order to deal with hordes.

Shadow Ascendancies

The Trickster, a Shadow Ascendancy, has surprisingly as good of a balance of offense and defense as the Gladiator. However, instead of blocking attacks, the Trickster relies on Evasion. Having said that, a shield can sometimes with this versatility, it should be no surprise that the Ascendancy is a popular choice as a league starter.

Another Shadow Ascendancy is the Assassin. It's been nerfed many times before but remains one of the best Ascendancies, thanks to its unrivaled utilization of critical strikes, poison, and power charges. On top of that, it also has a rather fun and unique play style.

Witch Ascendancies

You can't go wrong with any of the three Witch Ascendancies, so let's start with the Occultist. Its field of expertise as Curses, so it shouldn't come as a surprise that it's the queen when it comes to dealing damage over time.

As for the Necromancer, it's already self-explanatory what she does best. But of course, for clarification, her abilities bolster not just the Undead but all sorts of minions. With her small army, she boasts of both excellent defense, survivability, utility, and offense.

Last but definitely not the least of the Witch Ascendancies is the Elementalist. If you're looking for a class that maximizes elemental damage, well, that's already in her name. And oh, her passives also buff elemental golems, making her a second fiddle to the Necromancer with golem builds.

The Ascendant

Finally, it's only right to close the list with the Ascendant. What she lacks in specialization, she more than makes up for it with versatility. Because of that, she continues to be one of the best Ascendancies, provided that the player has excellent planning and equally excellent gear.

Hopefully, this list has helped you decide which of these many competitive Ascendancies you're going for. Good luck Exile, you're going to need it on your way to the top.