To The Person Who Changed My Life

To The Person Who Changed My Life

I am better because of you
113

Dear You,

I could have known you for my whole entire life, or just a week, and it still wouldn't matter, you would have still changed my life completely. You would have still taken a firm grasp on my soul and shaken me until I came alive again. It's hard to put into words how grateful I am to have met such an incredible human being as you, someone so loving, so caring, so willing to stand by a broken individual. You may not know it, or you may not understand it, but I am a better person today because I met you.

I didn't have to know you for long to know that you were going to change me. I didn't have to know you for long to know that you would awaken pieces of me that I didn't even know existed. I had been defeated and beaten down, and you lifted me up. You showed me what it was to have strength again. You showed me what it was to find happiness in every single day. You showed me that not only was I beautiful on the inside, but on the outside too, which I have such a hard time believing some days. You reminded me though, every single chance that you got, so that I would never forget.

As cliche as it sounds, you truly made me want to be a better person. You made me want to be more giving, more generous, more selfless. You made me want to reflect the way that you act, because you, in my eyes, epitomized the perfect human being. You made me want to learn how to fix myself, to tap into the depths of my soul that needed repair beyond belief, and you helped me brush off the cobwebs on the surface.

You helped me begin to fix myself. You helped me regain my trust that had been tossed away so long ago. You helped me feel what love really was, not what people say it is. You helped me when no one else wanted to. You helped me realize what it means to be a true friend. You helped me start my journey onto self-discovery, and I can never thank you enough for that.

As for you, you deserve the world, because you changed mine, and I can only hope I impacted yours half as much as you did mine. I love the person that you were, the person that you are, and the person that you will become tomorrow. I have yet to meet anyone else who has had such a profound impact on my life, and maybe I won't. Maybe you're my person. Maybe you're the person who is supposed to teach me all of the things I need to be taught, all the while letting me fly on my own. My heart is so amazingly full because of all of the lessons, memories, and emotions we have shared together throughout the time we have known each other.

It's safe to say that I don't know where I would be if I hadn't met you, and I am much, much better for that.

Thank you and all of my love,

Me