To The People Doubting Their Future

To The People Doubting Their Future

Everything will fall into place according to His plan.

52
https://www.pexels.com/photo/person-on-a-bridge-near-a-lake-747964/
Pexels.com

Peter looked at the midst of the storm and then looked at Jesus. He took a leap of faith, got up out of the boat and began to walk towards Jesus. He was almost to Jesus, but the wind around Peter distracted him. Peter took his eyes off Jesus and fell into the water.

The story of when Jesus walked on water is one I have heard time and time again. However, when I think about it from a real-life perspective, I am so guilty of doing the same thing Peter did.

Do you ever get one of those "Jesus Highs"? You start taking a leap of faith or get into a good routine of spending time in the word. But then, a week later, you start turning to the world around you and lose sight that ultimately the one who walks on waters, put the stars in the sky, and created every creature on the earth is also the one who is in control of YOUR life. Yeah, YOU.

Here's the thing about the devil. He is always trying to remove us from Christ. He loves to distract us with all the things around us. He loves for us to not have our eyes on God. He wants us to worry and get so caught up in the craziness of life so we don't get into the habit of keeping our eyes on God.

See, we start to worry about where we are headed in life, the situations around us, or how everything is gonna end up. I mean, we are human. We are broken and we worry about things.

But, Jesus says in Matthew 6:33, "Seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you."

Sometimes I feel like life is a guessing game of which choice should I am, and then, depending on what I chose, that has me on a path. However, I'm very guilty of doubting the Lord and have to remind myself that His ways are always greater than mine and that He is in control of His plan for me.

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the Lord. "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts." - Isaiah 55:8-9

If we have our eyes fixed on Jesus, it doesn't matter if we have to decide whether to take the road to the left or the road to the right, because either way, the road we take is the going to be the correct road in the eyes of God. Once we start seeking His kingdom first, everything will fall into place according to His plan.

So, whenever you are in the midst of doubting the plan He has for you or which way is the correct way, remember that God has a plan for you. All you need to do is fix your eyes on Him and trust His ways.