10 Bible Verses for When You Worry About Your Future

Because who better to consult than Jesus Himself?

27124
VBC Tulsa

Our college years, while fun and full of exciting new experiences, also give us a reality check. In a few short years, we're expected to have our lives figured out. Whether you end up entering the workforce or continuing on to grad/medical/law school, you will have to do something after college. 18-year-olds and 22-year-olds alike often worry about this, maybe because they don't know how successful they will be after college or possibly because they still aren't quite sure what they even want to do with their lives. Either way, some encouragement could be helpful to those of you who are currently worrying about your futures. For Christians, Bible verses are a great source of this type of encouragement. Here are some Bible verses that might help inspire you and/or put your mind at ease regarding this hefty topic!

1. "So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." -Matthew 6:31-34

2. "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths." -Proverbs 3:5-6

3. "Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." -Philippians 4:6-7

4. "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." -John 14:27

5. “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” -Jeremiah 29:11

6. "I lift up my eyes to the mountains— where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth." -Psalm 121:1-2

7. "Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil." -Ephesians 5:15-16

8. "Cast all your anxiety on him, because he cares for you. Discipline yourselves, keep alert. Like a roaring lion your adversary the devil prowls around, looking for someone to devour. Resist him, steadfast in your faith, for you know that your brothers and sisters in all the world are undergoing the same kinds of suffering. And after you have suffered for a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, support, strengthen, and establish you." -1 Peter 5:7-10

9. "I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.” -John 16:33

10. "The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps." -Proverbs 16:9