To The One Who Brought Me Closer To God, Thank You

To The One Who Continues to Help Me Grow

I thank God for you every day.

1681

I wish I had the correct words to say what I want to say to you, but unfortunately, God hasn't quite blessed me with them yet.

He will in time though, I do know that. But, until then here's my attempt to say thank you for everything you've done.

I've always been a struggling Christian. My faith has always been there, but not enough. I've had spiritual days where all I could feel is God's presence, but I've also had weeks where I've felt entirely alone. It was never consistent, and I was to the point where I was about to give up.

Then came you. A message I wasn't expecting but responded to anyway because, well, what's the worst that could happen? Little did I know, God was opening a door to something I didn't know was even possible.

Two things became consistent within my life: a growing passion for Christ and longer, deeper conversations with you. I didn't connect the two at first. I just knew I was changing, for the better.

The more we talked, the more I wanted to be a better person.

It was as if something had flipped the switch for me. You had this undeniable love and appreciation for your family and all things in your life. It was contagious. Christ was there; Christ was present. I saw that so clearly, and I wanted to work for that relationship with Him more than anything else.

I started to prioritize my life. Putting Christ first, and as our relationship began to progress, you started to make your way up that list. I didn't realize how much my passion for Christ and want to pursue a relationship with Him could change by being able to communicate with someone else about it.

I had always done everything on my own. My faith was my own, and I didn't talk to or share it with others. That was why it was so easy to fall out. Having this connection with you, helped me further my connection with Christ. You inspire me. I see Christ in you, and that is exactly how I want to be for others.

The ability to talk to you so comfortably about my faith, as well as anything else is something that I've never experienced before. It is a blessing, you are a blessing.

You remind me to keep Christ close, and that talking with others is way better than keeping anything in. You've taught me how to communicate better, listen better, and love better. You've taught me that a relationship with Christ can be strengthened with others.

You push me to grow in my faith, even if you don't realize it. You remind me daily that God is present in my life. There is not a day that goes by that I do not pray to God and thank Him for everything I have. There is not a day that goes by that I don't read my Bible. There's not a day that goes by that I don't thank God for you and what you've done in my life.

I could never thank you enough for your presence in my life. I could never thank you enough for messaging me that day. Neither one of us knew the purpose, but God's plan is magnificent.

God's plan is above all. God's plan is more than we could ever imagine and for that, I am so thankful.

Follow Swoon on Instagram.