To The Man Who Taught Me How To Love Again

2058

When I first met him, I knew that he would be the one. However, I couldn't open up to him just yet. I thought it was impossible to trust anybody anymore and I couldn't or wouldn't put myself through the feeling of regret ever again.

Ever since he walked into my life I've been over joyed with happiness, however also extremely scared and overwhelmed with mixed emotions. I never knew I could ever feel so passionate about someone.

Nobody has ever made me Love so fearlessly and effortlessly, other than him.

Nobody has ever made me cry tears from laughing so hard, only from sadness, other than him. Nobody has ever shown me how I deserve to be treated daily without having to ask, other than him. Nobody has ever made me look at them with such passion and wonder how I got so lucky to have you as mine, other than him.

I never thought I would see the day anytime soon that I would be able to say that I am happy. Meeting him wasn't only good for my heart, but good for my soul as well. If it wasn't for him coming along, changing my life in so many ways, I would still be trapped under that dark, heavy rain cloud labeled depression for a much longer time.

Without even realizing it, he taught me a lot of things. Not only about life but how it's OK to feel something extraordinary about someone.

If it wasn't for him I wouldn't know my worth right now.

If it wasn't for him I wouldn't have so much self-love for myself as I do right now.

If it wasn't for him building me back up, so strongly, finding pieces of me I didn't even know we're gone, I would still be broken right now.

There's no amount of words to thank him enough for all that he has done. Loving him has given me the strength to love endlessly with all of my heart with no limitations.

I need to thank him for being my backbone.

I need to thank him for showing me how a woman deserves to be treated.

I need to thank him for teaching me to live every day with a positive outlook and surround myself with nothing but good vibes.

I need to thank him for teaching me what it is to be actually loved for who I am.

I need to thank him for all that you do every single day.

He mended my heart back together and showed me that there are good people in this lifetime.

but most importantly, I need to thank him for being him. And giving me all of him, openly.

I love you, and thank you.