​To The Horses Who Aren't Mine But I Get To Ride Anyway

You accept us where we're at even without knowing a single thing about our riding ability or who we are.
417

To The Horses Who Aren't Mine But I Get To Ride Anyway,

There has been a lot of content produced that is directed at the horses we own. But what about the horses we don't own? What about the horses we ride that give their all for us that we rarely, if ever, acknowledge?

Thank you for being the unsung heroes of the equestrian world.

Thank you for trying your hardest even when we get on your back for the very first time and simultaneously make about 1,000 errors while we try to adjust to a different ride.

You guys are the real MVPs of the horse world for never putting up a fight when yet another person rides you for the first time. Whether you're a lesson horse teaching up and coming riders the ropes or a sale horse being ridden by various riders at the barn, you guys are truly underappreciated.

You guys are the true test of whether or not we can take what we learn day in and day out and apply it no matter what kind of a ride we have that day. Whether it's a long and low hunter or a hot and fast jumper, you guys test us and truly reveal what we do or do not do well in the ring.

It also makes finding the perfect jump that much more rewarding. You do wonders for our confidence when we realize that we can ride all of these different horses.

You challenge us to learn how to adapt to anything and truly learn how to not just become good on our own horse or the horse we lease but how to truly become a great equestrian and rider who is capable of getting on any horse and putting together a solid course.

To the horses I've ridden who aren't actually mine, thank you.

Thank you for continuing to expand my riding skills and helping me improve.

Thank you for helping me through the tough times.

Thank you for being the best "extras" a girl could ask for.

Thank you for pushing me to have higher endurance when I get on your back after what may have already been a tiring lesson beforehand.

Finally, thank you for making my life that much better because a life with a lot of horses is a life well lived.

Love,

That Girl Who Rides You Once A Week