To the Girls i Live With

To the Girls i Live With

Thank you for being my people, always.

8
To the Girls i Live With
www.blipfoto.com

Before going to college, I can remember thinking often of my future roommate(s). What they would be like, how we would get along, etc. Looking back now, all of my hopes and wishes for good roommates didn’t even come close to the blessing I received. I didn’t just get three new roommates; I got three sisters that I had always wanted, three partners in crime to conquer the world with, and three close friends that I so desperately needed. I’m beyond lucky that I was blessed with these girls, and I’m fairly confident that I wouldn’t be able to make it through college without them.

First and foremost, thank you for always being there. I live for our late night heart-to hearts, and I’m thankful that I have you to depend on when life gets a little too heavy to handle on my own. Thank you for always listening, and offering words of comfort and counsel. More than that, thank you for never giving up on me. I know that I’ve let you down and hurt you several times, and I’m deeply sorry for that. It means the world to me that you never left me, even when I was at my absolute worst. Thank you for being my people, my family.

Thank you for making everyday a little more exciting. There’s never a dull moment when we’re together, whether it’s a trip to the grocery store, a milkshake run, or just a night in together. You make even the simple moments so much more fun, and I’m thankful for the way that we are able to brighten the world around us, even when it seems as if the darkness is pressing in. We have an endless amount of memories and jokes, and I live for the nights when we laugh until our stomachs hurt, and chase each other around the apartment just for fun. Life is better with you around, you make everyday an adventure.

Thank you for making me feel at home. I’ve always believed that home is comprised of people too, not just places. You three have become my home away from home. You make me feel accepted and loved, and I always know that I have you to rely on whenever I feel like I’m alone. I can’t imagine living with anyone else, and frankly, I wouldn’t want to. There’s no one I would rather go through college with, and even though it’s been a crazy journey, I’m glad we’re in it together.

Thank you, a million times a million. I don’t know what I did to deserve such amazing girls as roommates and friends, but I’m sure grateful. Thank you for sticking by my side, making everyday exciting, and giving me a home. Words cannot begin to express what you mean to me, and how thankful I am for our friendships and shared experiences. Thank you for being you, and for letting me be me. Thank you for being my people, my secret-keepers, my shoulders to cry on, my study buddies, my constant companions, and so much more. You mean the world to me gals, I’m blessed to be blessed by you.