To The Girl Who Puts Everyone Else First

To those people out there who feel like they are totally and completely alone, you aren't!

18

You may seem like someone without any problems, or someone who takes on the world and doesn't let anything get to her. The truth is sometimes you just want someone to be there for you instead of it being the other way around. Your whole life you have put the feelings of others before your own even if it means you get your heart broken. All you care about is that your friends are happy and can do their best in life.

When it comes to your own life though, you tend to put it on the back burner so you can help your friends. When they ask if you are okay, you just say yeah I'm fine, but the truth is you're not fine! You are a complete mess, and you feel like your whole world is falling apart. Everyone comes to you with their problems, but you don't have anyone to go to with your own problems. Everyone in the world has problems, it's just that some people handle those problems themselves, or they will bury the problem until it doesn't seem relevant anymore.

I have always been that girl, the one who puts everyone else first and never asks for help in return. This is my plea to everyone who thinks they are alone! You are not. There are others out there in this world who are going through the same thing you are, and they don't know what to do either. Ask for help. There is NEVER anything wrong with needing some help every once in a while.

I only realized this recently, but since I realized there are people out there willing to help me too, I have never felt better. All you have to do is ask, confide in a trusted friend (like I did), a teacher or professor, or even your parents. You may think no one is out there, but there is and all you have to do is ask. Seriously, asking for help was the best thing I ever did. I now confide in one of my best friends when I am feeling down, and they are always there to help me back up. Never forget no one should go through ANYTHING alone.

Sincerely,

A fellow girl who puts everyone first.