To The Girl Who Has Always Felt Average

To The Girl Who Has Always Felt Average

You're not boring -- you're extraordinary.

7
To The Girl Who Has Always Felt Average
https://speckyboy.com

I bet I know how you feel. In high school, you weren't the best of friends with anyone, nor did people think of you when they heard the word "party," but that's all changing now. You were never confident, you felt like you couldn't be loved -- you felt like you weren't worthy of anyone's love or attention. People ignored you in the hallways and seemed to only talk to you when it had to do with a missed homework assignment or test material. You were sad. Really sad. You didn't think people could relate to you so you kept quiet. Your grades were great, but you felt extraordinarily...average.

You built up walls in high school to keep people out and added more bricks when people tried to break them down. When it's time to head to college, you'll be scared out of your mind, but it won't be that bad; trust me. You'll make friends with the same interests and develop inside jokes that seem like a different language to others, and you'll finally be happy. When you think about your life up to this point you could dwell on the extremely sad parts like you always seem to do, but that will only make you feel worse.

Think about your boyfriend who's cute as hell and makes you really happy. He makes you laugh by never saying the right thing even though you pretend you're mad about it. Think about the small successes you have had since starting college. Think about your family who has your best interests at heart. Think about all the friends you have made since you started college.

I know you think you have always been an average person because you weren't in sports in high school, didn't live up to your mom's social expectations, and didn't do anything spectacular during your teenage years, but maybe high school wasn't your time. College is different. You'll meet new people, go on new adventures, and maybe even find something out about yourself you didn't know before.

I know you felt worthless, but you're not. I know you felt like a major loser, but you're not. You're just a different kind of person than most people. You would rather think instead of speak and that's OK; but you need to learn that sometimes you need to speak. Learning is what you're in college for and a lot of the learning you're doing is outside of the classroom.

Think about everyone you have ever known. They aren't all the same -- if they were, the world would be boring. They are all unique and have their own special talents just like you do. Even though you have always felt average, you're not. Average is boring and you're not that. You're extraordinary in every way.