To The Girl Who Doesn't Love Herself

To The Girl Who Doesn't Love Herself

Loving yourself is your secret weapon.

82
To The Girl Who Doesn't Love Herself
claritysoberliving

"There is nothing wrong with being confident" as Demi Lovato sings in her latest hit, Confident. This song is the boldest statement for girls and women everywhere. Sadly, more and more young girls start to hate themselves because of what they see in the mirror and that makes them feel like they need to hide from the world. But, they don't, every girl is beautiful and deserves to have unlimited confidence in themselves no matter what.

I can talk so deeply about this because I struggle with this every day. One day, it is our hair and maybe next it is our weight. Neither looks like the girl next door and we feel down and like our confident will never show up. We don't have to feel like that! To change this feeling, first, you must love yourself. I know, easier said than done. Trust me, when I look in the mirror sometimes, I don't love what I see. That isn't a healthy mindset to have, especially in our preteens to early twenties. Our confidence in ourselves is our secret weapon against hateful words, bad days, and just days where we want to be under a rock for something really small.

Speaking about hateful words, I have been called annoying, irritating, rude, and so on. Most of the time, I will just hate myself, but sometimes I'll shoot back "well I love who I am. I will not change for anyone to like me unless I change for me" (this is a good thing to keep in mind). If you have to change something about yourself in order to be in someone else's life, then they aren't worth your time anyways. Yes I know, easier said than done. I fail at this because I forgive those "change this and that about you or I won't be your friend" speeches and change and it wasn't for me. Don't let them drain your self-confident one bit because it isn't worth it. You matter!! Everyone matters!! We are all equal in God's eyes and that is truly what matters the most!

Most importantly when you stand in front of that mirror, look straight into it and say: You are beautiful, confident, enough, and I love you just the way you are!

Loving yourself is so important to have self-confident and happiness. You can do this!

I honestly know that loving yourself, having confidence, and finding happiness are hard qualities to have every day, but it is possible! Never give up on embracing the way God made you. We are all unique in many ways, so show it and cherish that feeling.

Remember the only opinion of you that matters is yours and God's. Believe in who you are and everything will be okay.

Love Yourself. Be Confident. Embrace Your Flaws. Be Happy No Matter What.