To The Friends I Have Grown Apart From
Friendships

To The Friends I Have Grown Apart From

"I wish all of you nothing but the best and I know that someday we can rekindle that spark of friendship that I know we are capable of. I know we can start our right where we left off."

105
https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-98c8742f1d02f6621079df10269ba4f2

To the friends who I grew apart from,

I wish all of you nothing but the best and know that someday we can rekindle that spark of friendship that I know we are capable of. I know we can start our right where we left off.

In high school, I remember those four years being so fun and having different groups of friends. It was easy to be friends with just about anyone because everyone was so similar. I had a really great group of friends in high school and we always had so much fun together, and at times I couldn't imagine life without them. When I decided to go far away for college after high school, I began to lose contact with some with some of my friends and it breaks my heart because I would think about all our memories in high school together. It is even more difficult for me to let go of the friends that I was really close to because I like to be civil with everyone, even those who hurt me. I like to think that we are still very close as we were and I do still believe to this day that things could change. It's hard to tell because but the other person might not think that and just be content with where our non-existing friendship is in the present.

Every time I'm home for breaks or during the summer, I reach out to them because I am that kind of person that likes to catch up and be friends with a friend that you haven't seen in a while or lost touch. I think losing touch shouldn't change your friendship or even stop you from being friends with someone. While I was in college, I would reach out to them and ask them how they were adjusting to a new step in their life just how I was as well. I've thought about them while I was in college and wondered what they were doing and if they were alright. I debated on whether or not to go far for college because I knew if I did I wouldn't be as close to my high school friends. But this absolutely amazing transition introduced the topic of making more friends

When I came back for Christmas break, it was difficult because a lot of my friends went to the same college and they were all really close to each other. Their friendships grew with one another while mine remained the same, and I wanted to have that same level of friendship they had with each other. All in all, I just want to say I love each and every one of my friends, and even though we don't talk as much as I keep thinking about all of our memories. I wish all of you nothing but the best and know that someday we can rekindle that spark of friendship that I know we are capable of. I know we can start our right where we left off.

You have brought me so much happiness into my life and I can't thank you enough for it. I was so lucky to find such caring and fun people to share my teenage years with. We had so many great times that I will never forget. Your friends in college are so unbelievably lucky to have you because I hope they bring just as much happiness and joy to your life as each of you did to mine. I can't wait until the days we are older and laugh about all the dumb stuff we did when we were kids.

"Growing apart doesn't change the fact that for a long time we grew side by side; our roots will always be tangled. I'm glad for that."

Yours,

Allie Condie