To The Boy I Gave My Number To

To The Boy I Gave My Number To

All I wanted was to get to know you.
91

First, let me start off by saying I do not just give any boy my number and honestly do not even bother talking to many because of this reason. No, I am not asking for cute texts in the morning or cute stuff girls wish guys would send to them all I wanted was to get to know you. I wanted a conversation that consisted outside of work.

I gave you my number because I liked you. I was brave that day when I went up to you and gave you my number. It was definitely outside of my comfort zone. I was afraid that you would not text me and you would just blow me off although, you did end up texting me. You actually texted me, let me just say how shocked I was. From there, it was great. You texted me quite a bit and seemed to care.

Fast forward to a month later and I can barely get you to text me one time in a day. I text you and then I do not get a response until 8 hours later or even the next morning. If this is the case and you have been wondering why I did not text you one day or multiple days in a row, it is because of this reason. I do not have time to sit around and wait for a text from you or wait for you to even talk to me.

It is sad when you cannot even spare two seconds to text someone back, but I guess texting is just too complicated for you? I remember a couple weeks back sitting around wondering what I did and if I did something wrong that you are not answering me but then it dawned on me. It definitely was not me, it was you! I kept trying and pushing to get you to talk but it never worked so I gave up. I am done trying to push something that is not going anywhere. I obviously am not worthy of your time and that's fine because there are plenty more people in this world who would love to give me the time of day.

Now we barely talk anymore and when I text you and you do not text until really late at night when I am sleeping. I wake up to the text message but I do not respond because the conversation is already over. This is what I mean, it is hard to keep a conversation with someone who texts back hours later. The topic has died by then and now we are trying to start a new one that will just end after one text.

This is frustrating, so I think I have learned my lesson on giving boys my number. I am in college and can be busy at times. Now that I am on summer break, will you try to talk to me more? hm, I doubt it but I guess you never know. I am done letting you waste my time so when you actually want to keep a conversation then let me know. For now, I am just going to continue my life.

Sincerely,

An annoyed girl.

P.S.