To the Boy I Didn't Want to Let Go of

To the Boy I Didn't Want to Let Go of

I lied to you.

14
To the Boy I Didn't Want to Let Go of
Two Pieces of a Puzzle to be Completely Complete

I lied about everything I said that day.

As words were coming out of your lips, all I could hear was the sound of my heart breaking in half because I knew this was the end for us.

I agreed with and nodded my head to everything you said, hoping that it would be easier to let go, but it wasn’t.

I lied when I said that I wanted the same things you did.

When you said it wasn’t fair, all I thought was that it wasn’t true. When you said you couldn’t love me as much as I loved you, I knew in my heart that was because of my doing.

In that moment, I was just thinking of everything that I could have done to hold on, to think of words to say to keep you happy and in love, but that didn't happen. Agreement with your decision and loss of "us" happened.

The more I think about everything, the more I know what I should have done. It could have played out differently. It could have all stayed the same. I knew that I should have grabbed your hand, and I should have looked deep into your eyes. I should have said that no matter what happens with us. We always manage to find a way to each other.

The love we have shared and experienced is one that they write in the stories of fairy tales. You were my prince charming, and I was your princess.

I want to say that there is no one else in this world that understands you like I do. I spent every day, every minute learning everything that there was about you to learn. It breaks my heart to write this now, and I know it’s not too late.

Words are just words, and life is too short to try and give up on things that we, as humans, would not work.

It’s like that one puzzle piece that was never found, or that bolt that fell off the bike. You can buy another puzzle, and you can buy another bolt. But that one missing piece is that makes the original complete.

There is so much more to a story to write. There is so much more to us. In my head, I should have grabbed your hand, and I should have told you that you were crazy for feeling the way you did. I should have told you that I can make myself better. I improve every day.

I didn't want to give up that easily. I thought that there more to us, more to our story that didn't get written. I wanted to find out what the next adventures were going to be, and the new secrets we would have created.

I wanted to live in a fairy tale land with you forever because loving you felt easy, and it felt right.

You were my prince, and you saved me from reality.

I appreciate you for taking care of me. And I love you more for loving me.

But now, I can only wish you happiness, and I can only wish you good things.

I lied to you, but it is too late to turn back time.