To the Best Friend that Moved Away

To the Best Friend that Moved Away

8
To the Best Friend that Moved Away
Madison Murphy

I could never explain the joy and sadness that I felt when you moved 2,085 miles away. I was happy that you were leaving our small town that offered nothing, and going to a bigger city that offered things I didn’t even know existed. At the time I didn’t know how hard it is to have a long distance best friend. Now that it has been almost four years I understand how hard it actually is.

Ever since you left I think back to the times we had and I wouldn’t trade them for anything. It’s hard knowing that we barely talk once a month anymore. I wish I could message you every day and tell you about the good and bad times, but I understand that you have made new friends and have a new life.

Don’t get me wrong, it makes me sad that I can’t call you my best friend anymore, but I’m glad we shared a couple amazing years as friends, because you taught me that even with though I was going through the hardest obstacle of my life that I still had things in my life to make me smile and be happy. You taught me to always look on the positive side in every situation. You showed me how to be confident in my own skin.

Without you, I wouldn’t be the same person I am today. I hope one day we will meet again you will still remember singing in the car as loud as we could. I hope you remember having snowball fights until 10 O’clock at night, going to each other’s house every day, and watching Cabin in the Woods then having to have you walk me home because I was so scared. Those were some of the best days of my life.

Thank you for always being there for the worst part of my life. I could never thank you enough for that. The days where I would question everything you were there. The days where I needed a shoulder to cry on you were there. The days where I just needed a break from everything going on you were there. Every day I needed you, you always were, no matter what you had going on.

I never thought that the person I called my best friend would also be just like a sister to me also. I had never had a friend like that and I never realized how thankful I was to call such an amazing person my best friend. On the days when I miss you, I remember how much you cared about me and know that you are treating all your new friends that way, and that brings so much joy to my days

Again thank you for all the great memories.

I hope to see and talk to you soon.

Just know that we will always share a friendship.

I will always be there for you, and I will always love you.

Your long distance friend.