To The Athlete That Is Injured

To The Athlete That Is Injured

Views from the sideline

19
To The Athlete That Is Injured

The clock reads 6:07 a.m. and I am far from enthusiastic. I've let 11 minutes past before the next line because in this position right now I feel so static, sitting on the sideline here at my college basketball practice I feel lost without an atlas. That's right I feel lost I'll finally admit it after 2 months of sitting out, and with only two weeks left in a boot you'd think I'd ready to cheer and shout but I am only halfway excited, only half way prepared. Only half way mentally strong for when I am back gasping for air, running up and down the court but of course I'd get back in shape, continuously haunted by negative thoughts that I could no longer be great or maybe that my drive for the game will be reduced down to sand, yet at the same I know I can't wait to get back so what am I saying??

I refuse to let negative thoughts back in this time around so I tell myself I will comeback stronger than ever, but it only appears like wishful thinking because deep down my pride has been severed. Knowing I can do all things through Him that gives me strength, there is no way I'd be incompetent. Humbled by the game itself, with a new appreciation brewing, I'll have to represent! For it has now been confirmed that it can all be taken in an instant, next thing you know you're on the sideline wishing you could go in and make a difference, but you can't, you are physically incapable to carry out your duties on the hardwood, field, or track and every time you try to do too much it hits you, whack! Right in your face it hurts or you can't even attempt as planned, because of this blasted injury you may even curse the man upstairs asking why you, why this, why now? So here are some reassuring words before you decide to possibly throw in the towel! 1. You are great and will remain great whether you continue to play your sport or not 2. Don't waste time on the sideline, you learn so much more when you watch and 3. Just take it from me, you don't want to drag yourself down. Stay positive and strong to the finish and you will surely regain your crown!