To Someone Who Needs A Little Help

To Someone Who Needs A Little Help

"We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone." -Ronald Reagan

13
To Someone Who Needs A Little Help

Maybe you are hurting, physically and/or mentally. Maybe somebody let you down. Maybe you are lost and don't know where to go or what to do now. Maybe you just need someone to tell you that it is all going to be okay. I am here to tell you that things truly do get better. It is definitely the most cliche advice in the book, but I have found it to be true.

1. There is always sunshine.

There might not always be rays shining above you, but there are always other places to find it. You can find a light in someone else, something you adore, or even yourself. You could find sunshine in photographs, old memories, love, or a laugh. It does not always have to be bright outside for you to have some sunshine.

2. Ice cream is the world's best comfort.

There is an ice cream out there for everyone. There is an ice cream for lactose intolerant people, there is an ice cream for chocolate lovers, there is an ice cream for those with a broken heart. I never believed in such thing as "comfort food." I did not think that a food could make you truly feel better, but I was surely wrong.

3. You are never alone.

Sometimes you may feel alone, but I can guarantee you that there are plenty of people around you that would answer if you called. I can guarantee that if you asked someone to be there for you, they would let you cry on their shoulder. Sometimes we find our best friends in the strangest of places and at the strangest of times, but those are the people who are going to be there when it isn't so bright outside.

4. Crying is okay.

Just because you cry does not make you weak. Sometimes you just have to let it out and then move on from the situation. Just because you can cry, though, doesn't mean you can stay in your room and cry all the time. Get out of the house and do something fun. Spend some time with your family, have some good times. Don't spend any time feeling sorry for yourself because it isn't going to do you any good.

5. Don't be afraid to move on.

Moving on may be the hardest thing to do, but in the end it will be the absolute best thing for you. In order to move on you must accept what has happened and forgive whoever has hurt you. You do not have to forget this, however. Once you move on, there are great things waiting for you.

6. Second chances are okay too.

Everybody makes mistakes. We are all human and mistakes are in our nature. It is okay to let someone back in your life after they have made a mistake, but it depends on the mistake. Cheating is not a mistake, please lets make that clear. But sometimes people make true mistakes. Whether they honestly forget to hit the send button, or they forget to set their alarm, or they forget plans after a long week. Genuine people are hard to find these days, but even genuine people slip up.

7. The best is yet to come.

I don't believe in "the one that got away." If they were truly the right person for you, then they would still be in your life. Each day holds opportunity and each day is new. Whether you are 17 are 87 there are so many possibilities out there for you. You could travel the world, fall in love, or fix anything that was once broken. It does not matter what age you might be, there is always something amazing out there for you.

Even though you are hurting right now, I hope you can see that there are so many reasons to smile. I am here to tell you that everything is going to be alright, even if it truly does not feel like it quite yet. Just, please, keep your head up.