Open Letter To My Stay-At-Home Mom

Open Letter To My Stay-At-Home Mom

Your job is just as important as any other.

10
Open Letter To My Stay-At-Home Mom
Kiplinger

To My Stay-At-Home Mom,

Thank you - thank you for everything that you have given up to raise me into the person I am today. You were proud to call yourself my teacher, my playmate, my best friend, and most importantly, my mom. I'm eternally grateful for you putting your life on hold and dedicating yourself to stay home to play with me, teach me and love me.

Mom, you were there to watch me take my first steps to taking me to my first day of kindergarten to waving goodbye to me as I drove off to my first day of college. You were always there for me and I'll never forget that bond that was created out of those moments spent together over the course of my life.

Stay-at-home moms often don't get the credit they deserve but it's time to change that. Women like you across the world give up professional careers for one that doesn't even pay you one cent, yet you did it. What you do is so valuable that no salary could ever pay you what you would deserve to be paid. How could one even come close to valuing a stay-at-home mom? It's merely impossible because of how much work you really do; from changing handfuls of dirty diapers per day, driving me to all my extracurricular activities, and even chaperoning school field trips.

Mom, you are so respected and appreciated for every second that you've poured yourself into raising me to the best that I could be. Don't ever feel like you aren't worth it because you are. You deserve to be recognized for all the hard work that you have done and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Thank you, for everything that you do.

Sincerely,

Your Forever Grateful Child