To My Friends, As We Graduate College

To My Friends, As We Graduate

Here are all of the things I could not say the week of graduation and in our last classes.

119

As I write this, I am three days away from graduating from college. Three days away from the thing I have worked so hard for over the course of four years. Three days away from not seeing some of my favorite people nearly every day. Three days away of no longer being able to walk down or across the hall when I am bored to hang out with someone. Three days away.

There are so many things I have wanted to say and so many thank yous that I am not going to have time to give out personally.

To my social work pals, this morning, in class, as we reflected not just over the past year, but the past years that have solidified us as the cohort we are today, I leave feeling overwhelmingly blessed by the love, knowledge, wisdom, and guidance that has poured out over these past few years.

I have been blessed to learn from you all. You guys have made me a better person, and in turn, I will be a better social worker because of the time each and every one of you took to pour into my life

To my fabulous floor-mates, past, and present, I have been honored to live on S3N for all four years of my college career. The friendships that have come out of living where I live is countless. To my OG S3N girls; the girls who came onto the floor the same time as I did, your friendships over the past four years have been wonderful.

The late night talks, the tea times, and the homework parties have been some of my most favorite memories while living on the floor. We came in together and we are leaving together. I am forever thankful for all of the friendships that came out of living on S3N.

To the professors who have educated me, thank you. Thank you for pouring out your wisdom, thank you for offering guidance, for being there when life was a little rougher and needed to talk, thank you for praying for me, and all of your students. I would not be the social worker I am today without the guidance and the love that came from each professor I have had on this journey.

I guess to sum all of this up, thank you. Thank you to each and every one of you that has ever poured into me loved me, and/or prayed for or with me. I am changed for the better because of all of those things.