To My Best Friend Graduating College

To My Best Friend Graduating College

Words cannot express how proud I am of you.
649

Dear my best friend,

There are 26 letters in the alphabet, and despite the infinite possibilities in which these letters can be arranged into millions of words, there is no way to properly express how proud I am of you.

It's hard to believe it's already today- you're graduating college! You're officially better than me, even though we knew that all along.

I have watched you work so incredibly hard over these past four years. I feel blessed to have been there through it all: helping you move in to your freshman dorm, your acceptance to the honors program, and surviving a brutal biomedical engineering program... and doing it all with a smile on your face.

I know the past four years haven't been easy. There were many a night you went to bed without eating, and we went days without really talking because we were both just too busy with school.And when the going got tough, you never gave up. And for that, I admire you.

You kicked college's ass, and now you're graduating with honors! I couldn't be more proud of you for all you've accomplished. But truly, the best is yet to come.

You're now a full-fledged adult! Next comes moving out of your parents' house, getting your own place, and getting a full time job- not necessarily in that order. I am so happy for you that you already have a well-paying, full time job waiting for you after graduation! I would say you're lucky, but I know it's a direct result of all your hard work and the dedicated individual you are.

Even when you were worried you wouldn't make it through, I always knew you were going to be OK- that no matter what, you would succeed. Even though you doubted yourself sometimes (we all do), you never, ever gave up.

You are my inspiration every day to keep moving forward and never take my eyes off the prize: a degree, a good job, and independent life.

Every day you inspire me to work hard and stay true to myself, especially when times get hard. When I doubt myself, all I have to do is look at you.

You are my real life role model, even though you're only two years (OK- and a half) older than me. You are my personal definition of success. I've watched you blossom from an 18-year-old high school band nerd to a professional engineer. Watching you grow up and become successful has given me faith in myself, and I know that you would never let me fail.

The fact that you're graduating college reminds me of just how quickly time flies. I remember coming up to visit you in your freshman year like it was yesterday. I will always cherish the college memories we do have together, even though we go to different colleges.

I can't believe that today I will see you in your blue cap and gown, and an incredibly well-deserved Bachelor's degree in your hands. You give me hope that I will graduate college too. Because with you as my best friend, anything is possible. You've proven that to me.

So thank you for showing me what it means to have hard work and unwavering dedication pay off. And thank you for teaching me that even in the darkest times, there is always a glimmer of hope. And thank you for believing in me, as I have always believed in you.

I cannot say congratulations enough for graduating college today, and with so much to show for it. You are on your way to do great things, beyond both of our imaginations. And I'll be here every step of the way, supporting you, and cheering you on no matter what. I'll always be your biggest fan.

Congratulations, my friend. Or dare I say... conGRADulations.

I love you forever.