To my first heartbreak

To my first heartbreak

Almost 10 years ago, I realized love is blind.

8918
To my first heartbreak

April 19, 2015 I remember it like it was yesterday. At this point in my life with you I was drowning in my thoughts and feelings I had. For months, and even a year at this point I had lost count how many times you let me down. This isn’t a letter saying how I hate you, but I got more of an understanding for myself and why I let you treat me the way you did.

Love is blind. I didn’t believe that the first time I heard that phrase, but the moment I knew we were over I saw the changes in you grew rapidly. I didn’t know who you were.

I’m getting ahead.

2014 is the year where you absolutely changed my entire life. I met you online not thinking anything of it, and out of curiosity I went on this app that I know you would remember, all the guys in there that I saw were not attractive to me at all and I went to deactivate my account.. but I saw you. Something struck me and this feeling inside my gut told me to message you. Nothing. For 3 months straight I didn’t hear not a single word back from you, until one day. We agreed to meet, and we saw a movie. The entire time I could hardly focus with you sitting next to me. My heartbeat pounded through my chest and though my eyes were struck at the screen, I sensed your eyes staring at me.