An Open Letter To My Girlfriend

An Open Letter To My Girlfriend

An open letter to the girl whose been there for me.

1260
An Open Letter To My Girlfriend

To my love,

If you're reading this, hi :) but you are probably wondering why? In all honesty I'm not too sure. I have mentioned multiple times how I can not fathom the work you do for law and how essays are not my cup of tea. But while working on the playlists for you, I wanted to write you this letter.

At this point in time, I have told my friends from high school that I am actually planning on marrying you. Sure that is 4-5 years in the future but hey, it felt right. A part of me is worried that I am rushing this and I don't know what I am saying. Am I jumping into this too fast? Am I ready to commit long term? Is this actually going to workout? Well in all honesty, I don't know.

But what do I know this: I know that you have sacrificed a lot to make this relationship work. I know that you will try your very best to be the best mother to our kids. I know you've given me a second chance for all my mistakes in the past and I know that you deserve all the best things in life.

I have come to realise that I shouldn't let my worry of the future rob me of my experience in the present. So deep yeah, I know :).

All I know is that as long as we communicate and keep trying to fix our issues together, I know we can do this. I know it gets hard, both us have our flaws and it gets in the way of everything, but our dream house is worth it. Our little garden with all the flowers that you love, our future Rottweiler and Cocker Spaniel playing in the sun, while our future cat watches over them in annoyance the same way old people dislike noisy teenagers. Sure its just a dream now, but in 5 years and as long as we stay dedicated and committed to each other and our careers, it'll be a reality sooner than you know it.

It seems like yesterday I met you for the first time in front of that Co-Op, tired and annoyed of being dumped and losing my first ever basketball game. But (at the point of writing this,) we've known each other for 8 months and 2 days, and officially dated for 4 months and 2 days. Oh how fast time has flown by.

I can't wait to ride this rollercoaster of life with you by my side and be the best possible selves we can be. (Got to make that time traveler dream of yours a reality somehow.)

I love you so much baby.

Yours forever,

D.