An open letter to my best friend!
Friendships

A Letter To My Best Friend

Thanks for being the best friend in the world!

638
A Letter To My Best Friend

Dear best friend,

It's almost Christmas, a holiday that you and I have spent together since we met when we were children, so I wanted to take this time and tell you just how much you mean to me. We've been friends since before I can remember; we've survived different high schools and different colleges. At this point, I'm thinking we can face it all. You never fail to put a smile on my face and remind me of all the good times. You are such a good person and you deserve all the good in the world. You've always had my back, always been a shoulder to cry on and always been like a sister to me. Even though I'm an only child, it feels like I have you as an older sister. Someone I can go through life with, laughing with, talking to and listening to. You've always had my back and I will always have yours, no matter what.

Even though we haven't seen each other in a while because of school and finals, I just wanted to say thank you!

Thank you for taking my book recommendations and giving me ones in return.

Thank you for sending me the craziest things that always put a smile on my face.

Thank you for sending me videos late at night about Monster energy drink conspiracy theories.

Thank you for always coming to Newport mall with me, even though I know it's not your favorite place in the world.

Thank you for coming over and spending holidays with me. It makes my fam and I so happy to have you.

Thank you for being there when I need someone to talk to or need a shoulder to cry on.

Thank you for living five minutes away so I know we can always hang out without driving a million miles.

Thank you for sticking with me through thick and thin. I don't know what I would do without you.

Thank you for being you and thank you for being my friend.

We really have been through a lot together and your presence in my life is irreplaceable. I am so glad that we met and that we got to go to elementary and middle school together. We shared the best times together going to walk-a-thons, school dances, dress-down days, school concerts and that failed attempt at the Easter egg hunt.

Before I end this I just want to tell you to remember how great you are:

Remember how funny you are and how much you make me laugh.

Remember that you can do anything you set your mind to.

Remember not to listen to the people who try to get you down.

Remember that you're a wonderful friend and an ever more wonderful person.

Remember that you are awesome!

Remember how much you mean to me.

I am so beyond grateful for you and I want to let you know that you are the literal best. Thank you best friend!