A Letter To My Little Sister

A Letter To My Little Sister

I'm Not That Far Away

283
A Letter To My Little Sister
Mary Caitlyn Wright

When growing up with a sibling, you always have someone right there with you at all time. You have a protector and a best friend all in one. Even though as siblings, we fight, we will always be there for one another. That's how me and my sister are. We would be laughing together one moment then at each others throats the next. But we would always go back to laughing. I might be off at college, but that doesn't change a thing. I may live almost three hours away but its okay.

Now that I'm away at college, its a little different around the house. I am not around to annoy you or go on about a show that you don't watch. I'm not able to sit down with you and talk but you know we can still face time. I'm not able to help you cook or clean anymore but when I come home, you make sure I make up for everything I have missed. When I do come home, its like I never left. You always find a way to push my buttons and irritate me but I know that you are happy I'm back because mom tells me that you miss me all of the time.When I am not able to come home, you are sure to keep me up to date on everything I miss. When you get bored, you write me letters. Even though its you in boredom, you are thinking of me. When things don't go the way we thought it would, we stick together and you always stand by me.

To my little sister,

You know I take your sweaters and leggings, but it's okay I will return in next time I come home. I know you think I'm completely crazy from time to time, but that's okay I don't blame you. Sometimes I feel that I haven't been the best older sister I could have been for you, but you still love me anyway. I'm writing this because I want to see you become the amazing woman I know you can be. You know that things are hard sometimes. You get so overwhelmed , but I know you can overcome it. You're my little sister, and you can do anything you put your mind to. Plus, I'm always just a phone call away to help.

You don't know how strong you are sometime. There were so many things that I couldn't do that you can and I am so proud of you for it. You are so welcoming to new ideas and new challenges that come your way. You take them with stride. I promise Ma and Dad just want the best for you. I know they are going to drive you crazy and so will the rules but it all means well. Trust me, I know. Tell them you love them every chance you get. Eat dinner with them as much as possible, and let them embarrass you in public. Because when you move out, you're going to miss them. I know I don't say it, but I do miss them and you.

I am so proud of you. You need to know that you are one of the bravest people I know. You stand up for what you believe in. You stand up for those who can't stand up for themselves. You are one of the kindest, most loving, strongest, and so stubborn, (just like dad) person I know.

You might be the little sister, but I look up to you. You make me believe in myself. You encourage me to follow my dreams and to fight my own fights because i know you will be right there beside me. I am so proud to call you my little sister.