To Know Thyself Is To Know Thy Worth

To Know Thyself Is To Know Thy Worth

212
To Know Thyself Is To Know Thy Worth
viralnovelty.net

Do you really know yourself? I mean know yourself from the inside out, your likes and dislikes, your thoughts, your passions, your favorite genre of music, favorite celebrity...? If you answered yes to everything, it's fine I believe you. However, don't tell me you know your potential and you know exactly where you'll be in "x" amount of years because you don't. Truth is, you don't know everything about yourself, BUT, from what you do know about yourself, there is a strength you can utilize to better yourself in a ton of areas of your life. For instance...

1. If you know what in the world you're talking about!

Now, I do not mean being cocky. I literally mean you know your stuff. Let's say you're asked to make a presentation for something or a cause you care about and you find yourself talking foreverrr. In addition to talking forever, you realize you did all the research you needed to do to prepare and suddenly...suddenly, you find yourself in front of some kind of audience speaking confidently. As if that's not enough, when you're done speaking, every single hand in that room bursts into applause and you feel your face break into a smile. You know what I'm talking about. Your celebrity moment and everyone pays close attention to you and only you in that very moment. If all of the above applied to you and you find people referring to your information, consider yourself credible because you've become a trusted source.

2. You know your sweet spot

You know when to turn the off button, when to listen, when to speak up, when to leave, when to do what YOU need to do, when to breathe (okay, maybe not), but you get the gist. When you know yourself, you can sort of "adapt" to many situations and that's a wonderful trait to have in my opinion. Now by "adapt," I don't mean settle and get stepped on, or degraded to bits and pieces. No, absolutely just NO. I mean you adapt in a way that not only enables you to still shine on an individualistic level, but it accommodates other people's needs. This, boys and girls, is what I'd like to call leadership status. When you hold this elite sort of honor, it also comes with responsibility. If you handle this responsibility in a gracious manner, honestly there's no telling what heights you'll succumb to. All I know is that these heights will only keep bringing you up to an amazing level you'll remember for the rest of your life!

3. Humility always wins honey

Do I need to say much after this? Seriously. I can't tell you how many people I see (and I'm sure you have, too) who walk with their heads held high. Now I'm not talking about from a positive angle. I'm talking about people who walk and their heads are literally the only thing you see because their nostrils are flaring with pride and their eyes have a kind of solid tunnel vision that sees life one way. Yes, boo boo. The people you can never smell authenticity on, even if you're an inch away from them in proximity. Mind you, my intention is not to point fingers to anyone specifically. I'm just saying, be careful about overselling yourself. To know thyself also means taking the time to broaden your horizons and be selfless to other people. As a matter of fact, I don't think you can truly grow without human interaction anyway, so might as well get out there and be a light to others! You and I both know the world could use A LOT of that. Am I wrong?

Moral of the story...

When you know yourself (to the extent I stated earlier), you indirectly illuminate an amazing value most people will see and feel. *You will too.* It's amazing how when you revert your eyes from yourself to what you can do for your family, community, "outer community", etc., your self-worth only increases with time and experience. It's a beautiful thing.

To know thyself also means being informed on what's going on around you, loving yourself enough to know your quirks and ehhs, and thinking of the person next to you. Thinking of how you can contribute and empower. Thinking of how YOU and your value can bring someone else up. It's when YOU decide to live a negative-free life that's just and you remind yourself, "I am worth it." Never doubt that because it's true. When you just knowthat, not only do you know yourself, you know your worth.